Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trans / Vdrive

board brained

I was out on the water the other day, I was checking fluids and topping up. I ran the boat with the rear seat off, both in drive and reverse. I can not beleive how load the things is especially in reverse..... is this normal?

I have never driven it with the seat off before. When I put the seat back on it seemed ok...but now I am worried???

anyone have a comment?

I had just topped up trans fluid in both.

thanks guys

when I remove the rear seat bottom cushion it all gets a little louder, but that's to be expected. Has the pitch or tone of the engine noise changed recently? Our v-drive units are nearly bullet proof if the correct level of fluid is maintained but the tranny could make different sounds that would indicate an issue. I think you're gonna have to be more specific or post and audio/video.

when I remove the rear seat bottom cushion it all gets a little louder, but that's to be expected. Has the pitch or tone of the engine noise changed recently? Our v-drive units are nearly bullet proof if the correct level of fluid is maintained but the tranny could make different sounds that would indicate an issue. I think you're gonna have to be more specific or post and audio/video.

next time I am out I might do this. It is hard to say.

I did just top up the fluids........

next time I am out I might do this. It is hard to say.

I did just top up the fluids........

Like a transmission or rear end in your car, the gears in the v-drive are cut to run quieter in one direction (forward). They will be louder in reverse.

Bob

Like a transmission or rear end in your car, the gears in the v-drive are cut to run quieter in one direction (forward). They will be louder in reverse.

Bob

yep understand that, I have just never heard it with the seat off.....pretty loud......