Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet cleaning

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SacRiverRat

• Wkerat

• WakeGirl

• jeffmx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for spot removal - I haven't found anything better or easier than Lifter-1. I can be found at your local auto parts store...

I would like some ideas on how to "restore" my carpet a bit. Not spot removal, but the boat came from an area (SouthWest) with very hard water, and the carpet is pretty crusty. Some had mentioned carpet cleaning machines, but I cant see how I move them around in the boat, or get the carpet in the walk-through etc.. I'd be happy to scrub rinse and shop vac if I had a cleaning solution that I know would do the trick

for spot removal - I haven't found anything better or easier than Lifter-1.  I can be found at your local auto parts store...

I would like some ideas on how to "restore" my carpet a bit.  Not spot removal, but the boat came from an area (SouthWest) with very hard water, and the carpet is pretty crusty.  Some had mentioned carpet cleaning machines, but I cant see how I move them around in the boat, or get the carpet in the walk-through etc.. I'd be happy to scrub rinse and shop vac if I had a cleaning solution that I know would do the trick

Lifter works very well. As far as getting the crusties out, have Stanley Steamer clean the boat for you the next time you call them out for the carpets in the house. At least that's my plan anyway, plus I'm going to have them do my truck while they're at it.

I would like some ideas on how to "restore" my carpet a bit.  Not spot removal, but the boat came from an area (SouthWest) with very hard water, and the carpet is pretty crusty. 

I think it was Peter who talked about taking the boat to a car wash and using the wand to wash the carpet, BICBW. Obviously, remove everything possible and drain plugs. Supposedly "refluffs" your carpet. Or, just order a carpet saver and have new carpet. Biggrin.gif

Yes, I remember reading that - use the soap setting quickly - so you don't spend your roll of quarters getting all the soap back out

I may go try that route

Yes, I remember reading that - use the soap setting quickly - so you don't spend your roll of quarters getting all the soap back out

I may go try that route

That sounds like trouble waiting to happen, good luck. Biggrin.gif

A pressure washer like at the carwash is really good. I use one on mine. First I vaccuum in case there is any dirt on top, then use the pressure washer on it. It is amazing the dirt you get out and it makes the carpet look like new. Just be careful not to hit the vinyl hard or you can tear it.

It gets around in the boat ok? I should google it, cuz I have no idea what this thing looks like.

Does it fit through the bow walkthrough? Does it suck?.. lol (just can't pass that one up when talking vacs)

They make one that looks like a mini-vac now and works very well in a boat. I have one from when we first got our puppies and it has served double duty.

so it looks like this?  That might just work!... maybe a trip to the store is in order

That's the one, Sears is where I bought mine. There are 2 models, one that heats the water & one that doesn't. I went with the heated option because I tend to think that it will do a better job. I really like it for everything, not just the boat.

I have not seen a carpet saver for a sportster in recent years. You may be able to find something. My carpet saver fro my vlx was drop shipped to me and the shipping slip said it was from R&R textiles.

so it looks like this?  That might just work!... maybe a trip to the store is in order

That's the one, Sears is where I bought mine. There are 2 models, one that heats the water & one that doesn't. I went with the heated option because I tend to think that it will do a better job. I really like it for everything, not just the boat.

Thanks Tracie, looks like it is ~$100, which is within my threashold for trying out with the good inputs I've been given about it on here (and old MBO threads)

As far as getting the crusties out, have Stanley Steamer clean the boat for you the next time you call them out for the carpets in the house. At least that's my plan anyway, plus I'm going to have them do my truck while they're at it.

White: You are a genious!!! :)

Thanks Tracie, looks like it is ~$100, which is within my threashold for trying out with the good inputs I've been given about it on here (and old MBO threads)

You'll find that it's really handy for other things. I use it to do the car & clean up messes that the kids & pets make inside. Yuk.gif What I really like about it is that while you do have to clean the dirty water out after each use (not a big deal, really), you can leave the cleaning solution in there unlike the uprights. If you've got a big job to do then it's not worth the hassle, but it's perfect for smaller jobs.

The pet solution is also very nice and works well, or at least well enough that my male has stopped marking his territory in the house. This was my first male dog, and I didn't think I would have to housebreak it twice, lol

He was easier to housebreak initially than the female we have now (she still wets at times, seemingly out of spite), but once he started to lift his leg, well he had to be housebroken again and I cannot have him fixed since he is being trained as a show dog.

Yea, I got the stain out.Turned out to be gum remnants from the launch ramp I imagine.

But I think I will get me one of those nifty carpet cleaners like Tracies since Malibu doesn't make a carpet saver for my boat- yet.