Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wheelhouse Predicts..........

Stanley Wheelhouse

I think it was upside down, which made it taste different....

I thought it was inside-out. Bread in the middle, meat and fixings on the outside. It made for a messy sanmich.

I think that The Wheelhouse is on to something. Maybe not doubling in size, but definitely getting a lot larger. I know that my winter ballast upgrade is soley for the purpose of surfing.

I thought it was inside-out. Bread in the middle, meat and fixings on the outside. It made for a messy sanmich.

I think that The Wheelhouse is on to something. Maybe not doubling in size, but definitely getting a lot larger. I know that my winter ballast upgrade is soley for the purpose of surfing.

Why would we want a bigger sandwich?

Skyskier believes surfing will grow at a slightly slower rate than the opposition to surfing and will be extinct within two to three years. Skyskier sees no opposition to a Subway double up.....whether upside down or inside out.

ah, I get it, cause inside out would be ridiculous and impossible! Now upside down is something to get worked about. :whistle::biggrin:

Now your getting Dawg.

BTW, I think I can hear the souns of my brain cells dying as I read every immature attemp to make a joke out a story about a sammich.... :crazy:

When in rome...(this brings to mind a cetain movie clip)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymzh7YAlZng

Edited by Malibudude
Image included a banned term. I'll leave the link up and just omit the media.

Same with us, can't foot when it's choppy, and can't board real well either. But they say you can always surf, so we are gearing up.

Yep. Surf when its rough . Even in the whitecaps. Board and ski when it is flat. Anything to stay on board the BU. :thumbup:

I can see it happening. We were the only boat on our lake at the beginning of the year last year that was wakesurfing. We were asked by a few what we were up to. We showed them, stressed if they had an I/O to try it behind an inboard and never do it behind their boat. The best way to get someone into a new wakesport like surfing is to show them and teach them how. Explain how to weigh the boat, get up, go ropeless, etc. My uncle and a few others were rocking surf waves by the end of last year. Helped my uncle order ballast for his Wakesetter this Christmas...he decided the family and the lab wasn't enough ballast and could tell surfing was going to be a blast with a bigger wave. Rockon.gif I had him order a piggyback system from Bakes.

Our lake surfing count over tripled last year from one boat to three. LOL.gif

The bad news is certain lake patrol officers aren't too keen on it so we have to surf with a lookout and a spotter. Whistling.gif

Edited by martinarcher

DONTW8 predicts that the trend will be back to the cheaper, lighter ski boats because water skiing will come back in vogue.

This will be driven by thousands of V-Drive VLX owners realizing that they do not wish to tow their 7000 pound boat / trailer package behind their 4 cylinder Honda CRX.

The money they save by not having a $3800 stereo system or $2500 tower will be spent on longer boating vacations to waterways further from home.

I can tell you that we will be surfing a ton this year.... just got my boat at the end of last year and we tried it the last couple times we were out.... lots of fun, low impact, perfect for when it's to rough to ski or board, plus it's a great and way more fun alternative than towing the kids in tubes. Plus the kids are actually learning how to do something rather than just handing on and screaming....

Geoff

I will be surfing this year which will double the amount of people surfing on my lake! :crazy:

You too? I will be introducing the sport to our lake, and will be the first one to surf. Hoping my wife is the second. I'm so "cutting edge".

You too? I will be introducing the sport to our lake, and will be the first one to surf. Hoping my wife is the second. I'm so "cutting edge".

There is one kid with an old Nautique that is painted ALL Orange with a huge Fox head sticker on the back. It has NO interior except Drivers seat and observers seat. The rest is full of bags. He is the only one I have seen surfing. :rockon:

I love it.

I'm really amazed at how many lakes have so few surfers. My lake has tons of them. There are probably 1 boat surfing to every 3 wakeboarding

So that means what? Like ....... 8 people will be kneeboarding. :rofl:

Never understood that sports ... being big with bon(e)y knees ... looks like it would hurt and I couldn't stay in that position very long.

There is one kid with an old Nautique that is painted ALL Orange with a huge Fox head sticker on the back. It has NO interior except Drivers seat and observers seat. The rest is full of bags. He is the only one I have seen surfing. :rockon:

I love it.

That's awesome.

• 1 month later...