Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wheelhouse Predicts..........

Stanley Wheelhouse

I'm not sure if a surfboard is in our budget for our maiden season with the Bu, but I'd definitely like to try surfing sometime. We're too busy right now dropping money on ropes, bumpers, wakeboards, life jackets, anchors, etc.

I'm not sure if a surfboard is in our budget for our maiden season with the Bu, but I'd definitely like to try surfing sometime. We're too busy right now dropping money on ropes, bumpers, wakeboards, life jackets, anchors, etc.

Keep your eve on for sale section ..you will be able to pick up a board for a great price!

pay attention to the group buy section. you will get everything you need. also check bakes.com for their sales. they have some great prices and are a crew supporter.

Surfing lacks the adreneline rush you get from other watersports. On my boat surfing is what you do when you're too jacked up to do anything else. Kinda like hydrofoiling. :biggrin: My perspective may be skewed, but I don't see a surfing double up in 2011.

I'm curious, why does wheelhouse say that? Insider info? Ouiji board? Holding to a dream?

Surfing lacks the adreneline rush you get from other watersports. On my boat surfing is what you do when you're too jacked up to do anything else. Kinda like hydrofoiling. :biggrin: My perspective may be skewed, but I don't see a surfing double up in 2011.

I'm curious, why does wheelhouse say that? Insider info? Ouiji board? Holding to a dream?

I thought the OP was a bit strange ... maybe kneeboarding will double in 2011? :whistle:

Edited by MalibuNation

On my boat surfing is what you do when you're too jacked up to do anything else.

That's funny, and creates a good picture! But typically that's when we barefoot (end of the day sunset, lake is glass, too much liquid courage, the women are feeding the kids, etc.). I think I got some guys on the lake hooked though, and will get up early with me.

Or maybe he thinks the we're all getting fat :dontknow:

Or breaking stuff!!

this season, my family and my buddies family will both be buying our first wake surf boards for our respective bu's. Mainly we want another activity option for people to do.

Same with us, can't foot when it's choppy, and can't board real well either. But they say you can always surf, so we are gearing up.

I think you are all a little hard on Wheelhouse. We all know he prone to all things epic. Epic waves, epic posts, epic predictions... :thumbup:

As for my crew. We hope to infinitely increase our wake surfing experience. Going from never tried it, to surfing ropeless :rockon:

btw. Wheelhouse, I think you should start referring to yourself as The Wheelhouse

I'm not sure the law enforcement / surfing dilemma has totally played out yet, that is the 300 lbs. gorilla in the bow right now.

RTS predicts that the number of threads on The Malibu Crew that are titled "Help, they are banning Wakesurfing/WED's on my lake/river/etc." will increase by fourfold.

Edited by RTS

And who is this "Wheelhouse"? Swami? Gypsy? Fortune teller?

I suspect we will see more surfers being ticketed & possibly prosecuted this year for their antics while under way...... hanging off the tower, sitting on the transom & swamping other boats & docks.

It's completely worth it. It's alow impact alternative to wakeboarding. I find myself ending my season with far more wakesurf sets than wakeboard sets as my knees hurt more and more due to rough landings and big falls. It's an activity where everyone in the boat is more involved since you're closer to the boat, and it's easy to learn. Also it's doable in rougher water.

I see more and more surfers every year, I can see where these predictions could be true.

I predict this ends up being the dumbest thread of 2011.

JDubya thinks we can get 6 pages out of this one before it is put out to pasture...

For some reason this old montra is swirling around in my head...must be the ADD kicking in.

Admit nothing...deny everything...and make counter-accusations.

Typcial behaviour of our crew. :biggrin:

I predict this ends up being the dumbest thread of 2011.

Agreed, but I recall a rant back in 2010 about the way Subway Sandwiches were made that started off with me reading it with 1 eyebrow raised (sorry Mike).

Agreed, but I recall a rant back in 2010 about the way Subway Sandwiches were made that started off with me reading it with 1 eyebrow raised (sorry Mike).

Or not made. You decide.