Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Wake the World video

waketheworld

Wow I was excited about a wakeboard video but that was great! Rockon.gif Seems like a truly awesome event and I'm sure those kids felt absolutely honoured. Puts things in perspective. Great event and thanks for promoting the video!Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif

Great video! We need more events around the US that are like this.

Anyone interested in doing this in Nor Cal???? I"m in for sure....send me a PM if your interested! :biggrin:

Thanks for the positive comments. I got a call today from California. Hopefully something is going to happen there soon!

if you could provide the guidance/structure, i bet you could find a whole lot of folks on this board alone who would be willing to participate in something like this.

We have guidelines set up and I/we can guide you through it step by step. It is really not that hard. The main thing is to take that first step. After that, things just kind of fall into place. Remember, these kids never get to do this, so just being on a boat is awesome! Everything else you do is a bonus.

Ryan (from Texas) came to our NC event. He was all stressed out about things to do on shore and keeping everybody entertained. I told him just to relax and you will see how easy this is. We had 70 kids on the first day. We had a list of all the boats, as each counselor showed up with their list of 3 - 4 kids we would match them up with the boat owner. That was the "team" for the day. As teams formed we had a water relay with buckets and sponges. This breaks the ice and gets them cheering for each other. Then they get on a boat. BAM! You are done till lunchtime! As the boat teams come in for lunch (at random) you are never overwhelmed because they stagger in, then stagger out. At supper everybody is together once again, no need for entertainment because they have a lot to talk about with each other. We feed everybody and that's it. The food can be a lot of work if you let it. We have learned a few things to make that less stressful as well. Ryan couldn't believe how easy it was.

It IS stressful if you don't have enough boats! In 2009, on the second day, we had 2 boats out with mechanical issues, somebody's Grandmother had a health issue and there was a death in a family. Jeff Lowe, having the biggest boat (247 VLX) got about a dozen kids + 2 adults that day!

We have guidelines set up and I/we can guide you through it step by step. It is really not that hard. The main thing is to take that first step. After that, things just kind of fall into place. Remember, these kids never get to do this, so just being on a boat is awesome! Everything else you do is a bonus.

Ryan (from Texas) came to our NC event. He was all stressed out about things to do on shore and keeping everybody entertained. I told him just to relax and you will see how easy this is. We had 70 kids on the first day. We had a list of all the boats, as each counselor showed up with their list of 3 - 4 kids we would match them up with the boat owner. That was the "team" for the day. As teams formed we had a water relay with buckets and sponges. This breaks the ice and gets them cheering for each other. Then they get on a boat. BAM! You are done till lunchtime! As the boat teams come in for lunch (at random) you are never overwhelmed because they stagger in, then stagger out. At supper everybody is together once again, no need for entertainment because they have a lot to talk about with each other. We feed everybody and that's it. The food can be a lot of work if you let it. We have learned a few things to make that less stressful as well. Ryan couldn't believe how easy it was.

It IS stressful if you don't have enough boats! In 2009, on the second day, we had 2 boats out with mechanical issues, somebody's Grandmother had a health issue and there was a death in a family. Jeff Lowe, having the biggest boat (247 VLX) got about a dozen kids + 2 adults that day!

When and where is your next NC event. I am in Charlotte and would love to be involved.

Thanks

REW

Bringing it to Socal in August will need some boats so PM me if interested.

I contacted lake elsinore earlier in the week about hosting an event like this. I am def interested. I will send you a PM

I contacted lake elsinore earlier in the week about hosting an event like this. I am def interested. I will send you a PM

It wll be at Lake Elsinore and it will benefit the Kids of California family life center. I have Thunder from the Lake elsinore storm and a demo from the Sheriffs department.

Looking at August 7th or 8th.

Once we get a core group we can get together and have a planning session. Will need 12-15 boats. Also will get Wakesports Unlimited from San Diego and Paradise Watersports to participate.

It wll be at Lake Elsinore and it will benefit the Kids of California family life center. I have Thunder from the Lake elsinore storm and a demo from the Sheriffs department.

Looking at August 7th or 8th.

Once we get a core group we can get together and have a planning session. Will need 12-15 boats. Also will get Wakesports Unlimited from San Diego and Paradise Watersports to participate.

I am in and can help with planning etc. Please keep me posted.

This is great watching the very beginning of WTW Southern California & WTW Northern California and possibly WTW Minnesota! In a few years, you can say remember when it was all being planned on malibucrew....