Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Clear Swim platform

martinarcher

Check out the swim platform in the switch blade video on the old DD at the end of the vid. Pretty cool. Never seen one before. Must be lexan or some sort of polycarbonate. I would think over time it would scratch up though. Be neat to etch a Malibu logo in it. Rockon.gif

http://switchbladewake.com/instructionalvideo.html

Check out the swim platform in the switch blade video on the old DD at the end of the vid. Pretty cool. Never seen one before. Must be lexan or some sort of polycarbonate. I would think over time it would scratch up though. Be neat to etch a Malibu logo in it. Rockon.gif

http://switchbladewa...ionalvideo.html

i always thought it would be cool to take some lexan and make a swim step, and then put the traction pad over it, cut out the 'Malibu' and then run LED's. somehow, my ideas never turn into reality...must be something to do with my lack of skills...

i always thought it would be cool to take some lexan and make a swim step, and then put the traction pad over it, cut out the 'Malibu' and then run LED's. somehow, my ideas never turn into reality...must be something to do with my lack of skills...

I ve been thinking of doing that,should be cool.I'll have to get some lexan pricing tom. at work :thumbup:

I agree with it getting scratch up. I don't see how it would last for even one trip to the lake.

they have scratch resistant versions mar gard or something like that its been awhile.It doesn't scratch as easy also more uv stable. Im thinking covering most of it with traction pad. The stuff isnt cheap from what i remember so we'll see.

you could have a lot of fun with the concept of a lexan or similar materal swim step and some led lights. It would sctatch easily but also buff out easily as well.

scratching could actually be part of the fun if you had a traction pad on the platform and only cut out what you wanted to show up with LED's. the more scratched up it was, the more it would show the LED's!

http://switchbladewake.com/instructionalvideo.html

Almost put a switchblade on the ol Sunsetter!

Almost put a switchblade on the ol Sunsetter!

Haha - no way. The Centuion post in one of the other threads had me seeing how much they copied the BuCrew's site. I saw that link and had to check it out. I can't imagine pulling that thing off and putting it back on every time you go back and forth to the lake. With my Bu I just pull up the wedge, it goes click and off I go.

That thing would also suck for buzzing around the lake when you don't need it. :Doh:

Haha - no way. The Centuion post in one of the other threads had me seeing how much they copied the BuCrew's site. I saw that link and had to check it out. I can't imagine pulling that thing off and putting it back on every time you go back and forth to the lake. With my Bu I just pull up the wedge, it goes click and off I go.

That thing would also suck for buzzing around the lake when you don't need it. :Doh:

That seems like a really bad design. Soo much room for error..forgetting to take it off, loosing the bolt, not tightening it properly and loosing your switchblade on the bottom of the lake!

That seems like a really bad design. Soo much room for error..forgetting to take it off, loosing the bolt, not tightening it properly and loosing your switchblade on the bottom of the lake!

I agree. Anytime you see someone have to fiddle with little nuts and bolts, it's just a matter of time. Plus that thing is huge and too close to the edge of the platform. I'd be doing ballast way before that big thing.

Plus I hear they're bad for the transom and can tear out the back of the boat if you hit something.:)

I agree. Anytime you see someone have to fiddle with little nuts and bolts, it's just a matter of time. Plus that thing is huge and too close to the edge of the platform. I'd be doing ballast way before that big thing.

Plus I hear they're bad for the transom and can tear out the back of the boat if you hit something.:)

I agree with you guys. I like the idea that my floater can kick up if it hits something solid. That thing is huge and would be like an anchor tethered to the transom! :Doh:

I smell group buy........Really, we are going to have a whole talk about a clear swim step with LED'S.............My wife is starting to dislike you guy's!!!

Clear tractrion Pad, as well ?????

Edited by Koop

I smell group buy........Really we are going to have a whole talk about a clear swim step with LED'S.............My wife is starting to dislike you guy's!!!

Clear tractrion Pad, as well ?????

ROFL.gif You're welcome. Thumbup.gif

I agree - that would look killer! Rockon.gif

that lexan platform could turn into some great looks but iirc the $$ of lexan is going to make for REALLY pricey bling.

Streached acrlic windshields on the Lear are about $20K each, :crazy:

but would you need lexan and would you need a full sheet? i have NO skills when it comes to materials and their most appropriate uses. but i was thinking that maybe you could dremmel the various holes in the fiberglass platform (like the word MALIBU) and then put a smaller sheet of something non load bearing underneath. you may have to actually cut the letters out of the clear plastic and then glue them to the lower sheet so that it sits flush on top.......this could be completely unfeasible, but it is fun to think about....

To do the logo you could make a stencil of the Malibu logo with contact paper using a decal. Cut out the logo and then put the contact paper on the lexan sheet and sandblast the logo into the lexan. It would appear as frosted on the lexan and lighting it from the edges would light the logo. I did the above on a car stereo project. The sub cabinent rear wall is 1" lexan. It was somewhere around $200, but that was years ago.

DSC02240.jpg