Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Insane Kustomz Malibu Video

nyryan2001

Hey Malibu Crew! This is Becca with Insane Kustomz in San Angelo and Midland TEXAS! Heard a rumor that our promotional video made the Malibu Crew thread. Wanted to take a sec to say "thanks" for all the compliments so far! We can also tell there are several questions about the boat and I thought I would answer a few of them. First of all, YES, this is a DEMO boat. It is pretty "over the top" but completely and totally functional. Although this is not a "typical" install, we wanted to showcase all the insane things we can do for our customers. In designing this entire boat, functionality was a big concern as we are riding behind this boat almost every weekend. My husband, Scott, is a wakeboarder and I am a wakesurfer and i'm determined to get my 2 year old up on a board this summer. It is important for us to have plenty of room for friends (aka "fat sacks") and be comfortable but still be able to showcase Insane Kustomz. Every time we hit the water, it is a marketing opportunity for our business and to promote both the Kustom and watersports industries. For example, all of the speakers that you see in the boat can be switched on and off independently on our switch board to showcase various combinations with both the speakers and subs. Most people wouldn't duplicate exactly what we have because we all know it doesn't take many Wetsounds speakers to be heard!

Incase you are interested, here is what is in our DEMO boat:

Kustom Sound:

-Clarion CMV 1 DVD Deck

-Wesounds WS 420 Equalizer and PA

-Wetsounds Interior and Tower Speakers including:

Interior:

-8 XS-650 Interior Speakers

Tower: 13 Speakers including:

-2 Pro-60's

-2 Pro-80's

-1 3-Some (1 485 and 2 Pro 80's)

-1 Double-Up (2 MB8's and 2 Pro 60's)

-All of the clamps on all speakers are custom drilled to show no wiring. We do this on ALL of our marine installs. It is an INSANE signature...

Subs:

-4 Kustom Sub Boxes (two in the back lockers that contain 2 Atomic Apocalypse 15" Subs, one in the front locker and one under the driver that both contain 2 Atomic Apocalypse 12" subs. Each sub is individually powered by a SYN 1 amp (1000 watts). It hits like crazy...love it!

Amps:

-3 Kustom Amp Box's

-Kustom Wetsounds Wrap for Amp Box

-2 SYN Micro (250 watts RMS)

-2 SYN 6 (600 watts RMS)

-1 SYN 2 (700 watts RMS)

-1 SYN 4 (400 watts RMS)

-4 SYN 1 (1000 watts RMS)

-2 Vibe Line Drivers (Amplifies signal to Amps)

Kustom Power:

-1 Tsunami 40 Farrat Capacitor

-Kustomized Capaitor Enclosure

-6 Treo SSX 100B Batteries

-2 Power Supplies

Kustom Lighting:

-RGB LED Lights (Pick Your Color!) on:

-Amp Boxes

-Tower Speakers

-Interior Speakers

-Front and Back Blower Vents

- 14 Cup Holders

-Wakesetter Emblems on Tower and Interior

-RGB LED settings can be single color, multi-color or motion (red, green, blue, purple, yellow, aqua)

-Kustom Strobe Lighting on Interior and Transom Lights

-All lighting can be controlled by remote up to 50 yards away.

And now to address some comments from above:

1. No, we didn't win the lottery we invested our hard earned money into a marketing tool.

2. The forward facing speakers only get turned on when we are at an event and need music and/or announcing from both directions. We respect fellow lake goers.

3. I'm curious to know the secret to not catching bugs on BACKWARD facing speakers (covered or not), they catch em too…just saying.

4. Hey Murphy! what's up? we are actually not in Abilene, we are in San Angelo and Midland…we appreciate your support! Looking forward to working with you!

5. I like all the "dumb car" comments, they made me laugh, we can't survive on just boats since they are a luxury item…that's why we are a complete kustom shop…cars, trucks and boats. I personally don't prefer Dodge…I'm a Ford person myself, so I understand...

6. I'm sure there is a weight limit on the towers, but we haven't figured out what it is, but we know we haven't exceeded it yet…we are testing it out for everyone, taking one for the team…haha.

7. Nice pic, old skool malibu, i like it!

8. For those who commented on the wrap, glad you like it, it is an IK kustom design I spent a lot of time on, it's my favorite part of my job! We just finished another one, check it out on our fan page…we call it The Dragon...

9. Pistol Pete - You should switch to water and quit sippin on that hatorade! We all share common interests and should respect each others opinions…garbage? That was a little harsh… it might not have appealed to you, but a lot of thought, time and effort went into crafting this demo malibu and not to mention the videographer, AJ Aguirre, is extremely talented and produces sick videos for slayshtank. Really hate that you, your girlfriend and DONTW8 had to trash his work. But don't worry, you might not have love for us or our videos, but we got love for ya! No hard feelings.

Hope this helps answer a few questions and clear some stuff up. Please ask us more if you would like to! Again, we really appreciate the conversation with ALL of you! If you would like to look at this project or any of our other boat installs in more detail, visit our website at www.insanekustomz.com or visit our facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/insanekustomzsanangelo

It's been fun!

Peace, Love and SURF,

Becca

with INSANE KUSTOMZ

I work in the Midland/Odessa'ish area and would love to check this thing out in person. Only question is where do you guys ride? There's not alot of water around these parts!

Canadian fella working in Texas.....

Koop

Edited by Koop

Hey Malibu Crew! This is Becca with Insane Kustomz in San Angelo and Midland TEXAS! Heard a rumor that our promotional video made the Malibu Crew thread. Wanted to take a sec to say "thanks" for all the compliments so far! We can also tell there are several questions about the boat and I thought I would answer a few of them. First of all, YES, this is a DEMO boat. It is pretty "over the top" but completely and totally functional. Although this is not a "typical" install, we wanted to showcase all the insane things we can do for our customers. In designing this entire boat, functionality was a big concern as we are riding behind this boat almost every weekend. My husband, Scott, is a wakeboarder and I am a wakesurfer and i'm determined to get my 2 year old up on a board this summer. It is important for us to have plenty of room for friends (aka "fat sacks") and be comfortable but still be able to showcase Insane Kustomz. Every time we hit the water, it is a marketing opportunity for our business and to promote both the Kustom and watersports industries. For example, all of the speakers that you see in the boat can be switched on and off independently on our switch board to showcase various combinations with both the speakers and subs. Most people wouldn't duplicate exactly what we have because we all know it doesn't take many Wetsounds speakers to be heard!

Incase you are interested, here is what is in our DEMO boat:

Kustom Sound:

-Clarion CMV 1 DVD Deck

-Wesounds WS 420 Equalizer and PA

-Wetsounds Interior and Tower Speakers including:

Interior:

-8 XS-650 Interior Speakers

Tower: 13 Speakers including:

-2 Pro-60's

-2 Pro-80's

-1 3-Some (1 485 and 2 Pro 80's)

-1 Double-Up (2 MB8's and 2 Pro 60's)

-All of the clamps on all speakers are custom drilled to show no wiring. We do this on ALL of our marine installs. It is an INSANE signature...

Subs:

-4 Kustom Sub Boxes (two in the back lockers that contain 2 Atomic Apocalypse 15" Subs, one in the front locker and one under the driver that both contain 2 Atomic Apocalypse 12" subs. Each sub is individually powered by a SYN 1 amp (1000 watts). It hits like crazy...love it!

Amps:

-3 Kustom Amp Box's

-Kustom Wetsounds Wrap for Amp Box

-2 SYN Micro (250 watts RMS)

-2 SYN 6 (600 watts RMS)

-1 SYN 2 (700 watts RMS)

-1 SYN 4 (400 watts RMS)

-4 SYN 1 (1000 watts RMS)

-2 Vibe Line Drivers (Amplifies signal to Amps)

Kustom Power:

-1 Tsunami 40 Farrat Capacitor

-Kustomized Capaitor Enclosure

-6 Treo SSX 100B Batteries

-2 Power Supplies

Kustom Lighting:

-RGB LED Lights (Pick Your Color!) on:

-Amp Boxes

-Tower Speakers

-Interior Speakers

-Front and Back Blower Vents

- 14 Cup Holders

-Wakesetter Emblems on Tower and Interior

-RGB LED settings can be single color, multi-color or motion (red, green, blue, purple, yellow, aqua)

-Kustom Strobe Lighting on Interior and Transom Lights

-All lighting can be controlled by remote up to 50 yards away.

And now to address some comments from above:

1. No, we didn't win the lottery we invested our hard earned money into a marketing tool.

2. The forward facing speakers only get turned on when we are at an event and need music and/or announcing from both directions. We respect fellow lake goers.

3. I'm curious to know the secret to not catching bugs on BACKWARD facing speakers (covered or not), they catch em too…just saying.

4. Hey Murphy! what's up? we are actually not in Abilene, we are in San Angelo and Midland…we appreciate your support! Looking forward to working with you!

5. I like all the "dumb car" comments, they made me laugh, we can't survive on just boats since they are a luxury item…that's why we are a complete kustom shop…cars, trucks and boats. I personally don't prefer Dodge…I'm a Ford person myself, so I understand...

6. I'm sure there is a weight limit on the towers, but we haven't figured out what it is, but we know we haven't exceeded it yet…we are testing it out for everyone, taking one for the team…haha.

7. Nice pic, old skool malibu, i like it!

8. For those who commented on the wrap, glad you like it, it is an IK kustom design I spent a lot of time on, it's my favorite part of my job! We just finished another one, check it out on our fan page…we call it The Dragon...

9. Pistol Pete - You should switch to water and quit sippin on that hatorade! We all share common interests and should respect each others opinions…garbage? That was a little harsh… it might not have appealed to you, but a lot of thought, time and effort went into crafting this demo malibu and not to mention the videographer, AJ Aguirre, is extremely talented and produces sick videos for slayshtank. Really hate that you, your girlfriend and DONTW8 had to trash his work. But don't worry, you might not have love for us or our videos, but we got love for ya! No hard feelings.

Hope this helps answer a few questions and clear some stuff up. Please ask us more if you would like to! Again, we really appreciate the conversation with ALL of you! If you would like to look at this project or any of our other boat installs in more detail, visit our website at www.insanekustomz.com or visit our facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/insanekustomzsanangelo

It's been fun!

Peace, Love and SURF,

Becca

with INSANE KUSTOMZ

Thanks for chime'in in! Thats quite the load you have in that boat. ..cant imagine the retail on that install! Glad you own the shop! You should post up some pictures and if you are not a member just post a link to your pictures. Nice work on the video..must have taken a lot of time to put together. Like the tune as well and as you already read I think the boat would look 100% better if all speakers faced to the rear! Later

Thanks for chime'in in! Thats quite the load you have in that boat. ..cant imagine the retail on that install! Glad you own the shop! You should post up some pictures and if you are not a member just post a link to your pictures. Nice work on the video..must have taken a lot of time to put together. Like the tune as well and as you already read I think the boat would look 100% better if all speakers faced to the rear! Later

Plus1.gif Post up some more pics of the boat! That thing is loaded. Rockon.gif

I work in the Midland/Odessa'ish area and would love to check this thing out in person. Only question is where do you guys ride? There's not alot of water around these parts!

Canadian fella working in Texas.....

Koop

Hey! we ride in San Angelo most of the time, we try to sponsor alot of events around the state though, so we could be several places in one summer! I wish there was more options for us to ride, but at least we have something, thankful for that!

Rebecca, I just checked out the Facebook page. Some pretty nice stuff. Welcome to the crew and nice to see you actually use the boat for water sports and not just a party boat! Keep up the good work and their is a huge amount of knowledge (and opinions) on this site.

Trent

Rebecca, I just checked out the Facebook page. Some pretty nice stuff. Welcome to the crew and nice to see you actually use the boat for water sports and not just a party boat! Keep up the good work and their is a huge amount of knowledge (and opinions) on this site.

Trent

Glad to be here Trent! My husband Scott has been on here forever, but can't remember his login info! We have been malibu owners since college! Glad you like the pics! Love all the opinions, hope to get many more! And yes, not much for partying, we like to RIDE! Not enough time in the day for both!

Becca

Edited by INSANEchick

I have to come to the defense of my IK Family. This boat is used for demo, shows and contest. Basically all the speakers, lights, amps and other accessories are displayed so that customers can see different variations and set-ups. This boat is set up so that groups of speakers can be displayed for customers so that they can see a difference in set-ups. I have had IK do all the work on my boat and can truly say that they do an amazing job. I would recommend this company to any boat owner out there. They will treat you with the upmost respect and customer service weather you are spending $10.00 or $10,000.00. Check out there facebook page, they have alot more boat installs that display more practical use. They are a custom audio shop that works on boats and CARS hence the need for cars in the video.

Bublin the cut - by Boreta. Yep already on my workout Ipod and again on my boat Ipod. They have another song, Lobegrinder thats also decent I downloaded.

I like the wrap on that boat. The video is great till they start showing those lame cars.

I have a set of Wetsouds Pro-80s form my old boat I'l love to do the clean/stealth pro80G w/ the bracket install. But the f'n bracket is $375 and you also have to get a $60 conversion kit to turn pro 80s into Pro80G's to use with that bracket. So it'd be $430 just to be able to hang my Pro80s I already own? I guess I'm just trash I'll use the clamps they came with and have wires showing.

Not sure where you got the quote on the G3 adapters. But the Wet Sounds G3 side mount billet adapters are $250 for the set. This allows you to fit 2 pairs of PRO 60x's or PRO 80x's or MB-8x or any combo of those. (or the non HLCD XST-65X or XST-650X). Also, with the side mount adapters, you will need to turn them into X versions. The kit is $60 for the billet top plates and hardware to bolt into the X tower or the G3 tower with the side mount adapters.

Also, if you only have a single pair of 80's. We are just about the release the G3 single pair side mount adapters that will be $125 for the set. This allows you to bolt any single pair of X versions to the tower and spaces them higher up to fill in the area. The single 80's work great with this mount.

Also, the G3 shelf mount similar to the factory shelf is $99 for the set. This allows you to fit 2 pairs of G3 versions. In any combo. a G3 version is similar to an X except the X is through bolted from the inside of the housing after removing the driver. The G3 version has a threaded internal plate that the bolts are dropped in through the plate and into the housing. So depending on which adapter mount you want, would determine which version.

So there are a lot of options you can do with the G3. All of them more cost effective than what you were quoted. Give us a call at 877-938-7757 and we can figure out which works best for you.

Also, if you have the newer PRO 80 with the TC2 swivel bracket. we have some dealers using the clamp on the cross bar, up in the corners. since you can angle them so they fire straight back. They tuck up nicely in that spot. Then drill a small hole about 14 inches above where the factory wire is and pull it up. The wire will then come out of the pipe right by the back of the speaker and into the connector. You will not see much wire at all. This gives a nice clean look for those that prefer to use the pipe mount.

Becca,

Glad to see you on the crew! Can't wait till the summer so I can get a surf sesh behind the IK boat!

Tim

Wet Sounds

I have to come to the defense of my IK Family. This boat is used for demo, shows and contest. Basically all the speakers, lights, amps and other accessories are displayed so that customers can see different variations and set-ups. This boat is set up so that groups of speakers can be displayed for customers so that they can see a difference in set-ups. I have had IK do all the work on my boat and can truly say that they do an amazing job. I would recommend this company to any boat owner out there. They will treat you with the upmost respect and customer service weather you are spending $10.00 or $10,000.00. Check out there facebook page, they have alot more boat installs that display more practical use. They are a custom audio shop that works on boats and CARS hence the need for cars in the video.

Hey Carl! Thanks! We love you guys and your boats is one of my favs, especially those black TREO interiors!

Not sure where you got the quote on the G3 adapters. But the Wet Sounds G3 side mount billet adapters are $250 for the set. This allows you to fit 2 pairs of PRO 60x's or PRO 80x's or MB-8x or any combo of those. (or the non HLCD XST-65X or XST-650X). Also, with the side mount adapters, you will need to turn them into X versions. The kit is $60 for the billet top plates and hardware to bolt into the X tower or the G3 tower with the side mount adapters.

Also, if you only have a single pair of 80's. We are just about the release the G3 single pair side mount adapters that will be $125 for the set. This allows you to bolt any single pair of X versions to the tower and spaces them higher up to fill in the area. The single 80's work great with this mount.

Also, the G3 shelf mount similar to the factory shelf is $99 for the set. This allows you to fit 2 pairs of G3 versions. In any combo. a G3 version is similar to an X except the X is through bolted from the inside of the housing after removing the driver. The G3 version has a threaded internal plate that the bolts are dropped in through the plate and into the housing. So depending on which adapter mount you want, would determine which version.

So there are a lot of options you can do with the G3. All of them more cost effective than what you were quoted. Give us a call at 877-938-7757 and we can figure out which works best for you.

Also, if you have the newer PRO 80 with the TC2 swivel bracket. we have some dealers using the clamp on the cross bar, up in the corners. since you can angle them so they fire straight back. They tuck up nicely in that spot. Then drill a small hole about 14 inches above where the factory wire is and pull it up. The wire will then come out of the pipe right by the back of the speaker and into the connector. You will not see much wire at all. This gives a nice clean look for those that prefer to use the pipe mount.

Becca,

Glad to see you on the crew! Can't wait till the summer so I can get a surf sesh behind the IK boat!

Tim

Wet Sounds

What's up Tim???? You just say when!

Holy Cow - I just looked at the pics on Facebook.

There was a thread about "who has the best system" - Insane Customz is def at the top!!!!!

WOW, thanks a bunch!!! We appreciate that!

Here is a link to a ton of pics that I took. Since I can't post them here hopefully this link will work!

http://www.facebook....id=192878472320

Would love for you all to become a fan to keep up with our projects, there are several other pics of other insane boats we have done!

Wow - that is impressive. Certainly a lot of time and attention to detail. You said you guys surf - must have to put the ballast on the seats because that system has taken up every nook and cranny of that boat and has even moved out onto the floor!

How is it to sit by that amp rack? Seems like it's right where you'd want to put your feet.

Love the RGB rings on the Wetsounds on the tower. Which rings are they?

That boat must rock the lake like no other. Like others have said, spin those forward facing Wetsounds to the rear and it will really look great. Just looks silly with them facing forward IMO, but to each his own.

Keep up the good work!

I think that says it all. They are using it for a PA system set up as well with the WS-420. Now of they were on a swivel!! :whistle:

I think that says it all. They are using it for a PA system set up as well with the WS-420. Now of they were on a swivel!! :whistle:

They are on a swivel! The TC2 clamps let you lousen the bolts and spin them any direction you want. So they can fire them to the rider whenever. Not that they would need to LOL

Tim

Wet Sounds

Wow - that is impressive. Certainly a lot of time and attention to detail. You said you guys surf - must have to put the ballast on the seats because that system has taken up every nook and cranny of that boat and has even moved out onto the floor!

How is it to sit by that amp rack? Seems like it's right where you'd want to put your feet.

Love the RGB rings on the Wetsounds on the tower. Which rings are they?

That boat must rock the lake like no other. Like others have said, spin those forward facing Wetsounds to the rear and it will really look great. Just looks silly with them facing forward IMO, but to each his own.

Keep up the good work!

Actually, the amp rack is not in the way at all, believe it or not, we haven't had any stubbed toes. I personally was worried at first, but it's not a problem at all! And fortunately Scott and I surf regular so we put all the batteries on the left side so it adds about 600 pounds (between the batteries, amps, capacitor, subs...and a CRAP ton of wire). So take all that, fill ballasts and just add friends and we are pretty much set!

The light rings are kustom made in house!

We do rock the lake when appropriate! I understand everyones opinions on the front facing speakers, but we don't just use it for riding, all the announcing and stuff we do they come in handy and like Tim mentioned, they can swivel if needed. We have actually done 3 other boats that the front facing speakers were requested and they look and sound awesome!

Thanks for the questions! Let me know if there is anything else!

I dont think any defense is needed man. The facebook picks are amazing, I cant imagine the man hours into that rig. Its an open forum and take it or leave it people have opinions. Sometimes we dont like to hear them and sometimes the feedback is valuable. I think its good to see what the crew has to say good or bad. Hopefully everyone can show respect with their constructive comments though. Good to see some more stereo guys on the Crew. We already hae some valuable stereo members on the crew such as David @ Earmark, Tim @ Wetsounds and Brian @ Exile who have some exciting products. Welcome!