Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Boat Wraps

nyryan2001

Guys- I'm not sure how many out there have seen these, worth a look...now their definitions vary some from other companies...

what they consider a 1/2 wrap most others consider full or 3/4. Their Full wrap goes all the way up and

over into the inside of the boat. Covers all gell coat. Their 1/2 wraps are around $3000 or so depending on what you need and what you order..

5396691549_0205daa6ed_z.jpg

5397290252_2e778d50b5_z.jpg

5396691835_818657c9e2_z.jpg

5397290182_ab0bc2b146_z.jpg

5396691761_82cb85fbbe_z.jpg

5396691727_f64c21da89_z.jpg

5397290074_881ddfaa53_z.jpg

5397290048_89154ac8f7_z.jpg

5396691631_cb4bf779f9_z.jpg

5397289976_7e85d74144_z.jpg

5397289940_2e88920290_z.jpg

I hate how I love skulls and snakes and all you guys are going to say that is so outdated.

I love the selection they have presented here, seems they have something for every taste.

All this talk about Wraps is making me hungry...But to me IMHO Malibu's have a classy unique look on it's own. I personally think it takes away from the look of our BU, Now Wrap a bay liner and you have something.....

Edited by Wakesetter67

Snow camo always looks like primer spots to me.Had the cash to get it fixed just not enough to paint it. Also skulls and snakes are lame. :biggrin:

Primer is the new baller. :p

inspirations:

snowlambo2.jpg

lambo_09.jpg

camo on an lambo... there are four types of people in the world 1) Style with money 2) Style without money 3) Money without style 4) No money, no style.

The is one of the worst Money without Style infractions I have ever seen. :bash:

camo on an lambo... there are four types of people in the world 1) Style with money 2) Style without money 3) Money without style 4) No money, no style.

The is one of the worst Money without Style infractions I have ever seen. :bash:

hahaha, I don't blame you for not liking it. Not at all. For most it's an acquired taste at best!

I respectfully disagree.

The guy is smart, he did buy an AWD Lambo as his go-to-the-ski-mountain car.

And, that flat black is bad a$$ parked under the wing of his "weekend" plane.

Had a look at these a few months ago when I ordered the new VLX... Not for me. Wraps seem like they could be a maintenance nightmare (peeling etc). Any rip is next to impossible to fix and I can only see it getting duller over time. Dealer had an air Nautique with a wrap in the showroom and it just didn't do it for me (not just the wrap, boat as well. LOL). I guess I am just a purist at heart. :crazy:

I respectfully disagree.

The guy is smart, he did buy an AWD Lambo as his go-to-the-ski-mountain car.

And, that flat black is bad a$$ parked under the wing of his "weekend" plane.

He may be very smart....just not outwardly apparent..plow into a snow drift with the lambo he may be lost for days if the camo does it's job... although gullwing doors very smart for getting out of the car when you are up to the roof in snow...

The concept never really appealed to me untill I started seeing the newer Mastercrafts wrapped up, and they do look great on the water. Zero maintenence on a wrap, just try to avoid ripping it. 100% UV protection and most rub and light scratch protection...last 5yrs or more and 100% removeable... Just having a hard time laying out that much cheddar...

Have you guys seen the Insane Kustomz Malibu all tricked out? I wil post that video in another new thread. The Malibu is incredible, but a couple of the cars in the video are straight retarded.

Can't find the website for m.c. Customs- wanted to take a closer look at their boat wraps. Some of those are pretty cool ( I like the black transom with "WS" although that is similar to some MC now that I think about it. )

Earlier posts mentioned you can remove the wrap but will that some how damage your underlying gel coat or logos if the wrap stays on for five years? Just trying to think about resale- if you can't sell it with the wrap, can you peel it off to reveal a perfect gel coat that hasn't really seen sun or water for 5 years? Sounds too good to be true though.

Edited by malibanker

what does M.C concider a 1/2 wrap? are all the boats pictured a 1/2 wrap? does the 1/2 wrap cover the back of the boat or just the sides?

-keegan

Edited by keegan

Can't find the website for m.c. Customs- wanted to take a closer look at their boat wraps. Some of those are pretty cool ( I like the black transom with "WS" although that is similar to some MC now that I think about it. )

Earlier posts mentioned you can remove the wrap but will that some how damage your underlying gel coat or logos if the wrap stays on for five years? Just trying to think about resale- if you can't sell it with the wrap, can you peel it off to reveal a perfect gel coat that hasn't really seen sun or water for 5 years? Sounds too good to be true though.

Ever peeled a decal off a 10 year old boat? Gelcoat is always perfect underneath. But a good scratch will go though the wrap and hit the gelcoat.

-Chris

Wonder if the wraps peel off after a few hours of surfing like the factory decals.

My MasterCraft X2 had a whole bunch of decals on it. They call them "graphics" I called them a pain. Started to peel after a year and if you ever tied up to a dock even with the bumpers down they still took a beating. I would be afraid the investment in the wrap would take the same abuse. I like the fact that there are no "stickers" on my new boat.

Ever peeled a decal off a 10 year old boat? Gelcoat is always perfect underneath. But a good scratch will go though the wrap and hit the gelcoat.

-Chris

Thanks- never done that before.