Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to the Crew

rennis

I guess this is a good time to post up! Been lurking here for a while, but it's time to start posting. Paperwork is going through and we're picking it up tomorrow, so, allow myself to introduce...myself! I'm Rhett (rennis) and my girl and I are buying a 2007 vRide together. We're pretty stoked!

Been scouring CL for weeks with almost no luck. Then last week, this one popped-up in Portland. Bingo!

100_3295avatar.jpg

We've been looking for a vdrive Malibu for weeks and weeks and have been coming up empty in our price range. We feel pretty lucky to find this one though: One-owner boat, with only 93 hours on the ticker! The original owners are really cool and have taken excellent care of this boat. We feel like we're buying their kid or something. haha.

So yeah, we're pretty stoked. Can't wait for summer now!!!!!!!!!!!

100_3298.jpg

Bu_013.jpg

Bu_009.jpg

100_3303.jpg

Looking forward to learning a whooooole lot on this site. Already learned some things! :beer:

Are the front cushions different col---OH MY GOD nice Audi!!! More pics and details on that please.

Oh, and great boat. And I know it's the tinted wind block making it look that way now that I look closer.

Welcome.

Welcome aboard!! Enjoy!! And yes owning a Malibu is like having another kid...feed it, keep it clean, and for goodness sake don't let it do powerturns!!lol :rockon:

I'm not sure what is worse...buying your boat in the middle of winter or buying it in late fall! I bought mine in mid September, so I got to use it a few times. Needless to say it's been a REALLY long winter so far! Welcome to the crew!

Thanks all! Indeed, waiting for Summer is going to be painful! Especially here in the PNW where it can be June before we get decent boating weather, but that's okay...we will just work on it and pamper it until then!

Are the front cushions different col---OH MY GOD nice Audi!!! More pics and details on that please.

LOL! That's the girl's Audi. We're both Audiphiles. Hers is an A4, mine is an S4. I don't think I should go into too much detail on those, or throw up pics....I don't wanna be "that guy" on the boat forum. haha

Welcome to the crew! Swing by the shop if your ever in Issaquah and say hi!

See you out on the lake!

Cheers!

Paul

Thanks Paul! I look forward to meeting you...I think?

(maintenance, you know.......)

lol

Well, we got the boat home Sunday. So psyched. It's just so clean, damn thing is almost brand new.

First things first, a little debadging. See the before and after. Love it cleaned up now!

Bu016.jpg

Bu020.jpg

Bu021.jpg

nice boat, congrats, I do like the look of a de-badged Malibu.

Now get the extreme sticker off the trailer and you are set.

haha, funny story. We debadged the right side trailer sticker and the freakin' paint bubbled underneath! So with the sticker came up some trailer paint. Highly annoying. So until we figure out how to "patch" the starboard side of the trailer, we're leaving the port side sticker on. Annoying to say the least.

Nice looking Bu.....No better feeling than finally pulling the trigger and getting it in your driveway!

Welcome to the crew....You'll soon learn there's a lot of helpful fella's on here

Very nice!! great choice on debadging :thumbup:

I want to see a pic of the a4/s4 combo!! There i asked thats 2 people, you can legally post without being "that "guy now :lol:

I want to see a pic of the a4/s4 combo!! There i asked thats 2 people, you can legally post without being "that "guy now :lol:

LOL, okay, fine

His:

Summer10272.jpg

Hers: (she'll kill me for including pic of her...hehe)

lindsshoot4.jpg

Nice looking Bu.....No better feeling than finally pulling the trigger and getting it in your driveway!

Welcome to the crew....You'll soon learn there's a lot of helpful fella's on here

Thanks man! Yeah, we are soooo stoked! Just loving it!

Also loving the crew. Been on here a week and already increased my (highly limited!) knowledge of all that is 'Bu by about 4-fold. I am 100% self-admittedly a Malibu newb. I've just always loved the way they looked on the water, and having been in several other boats, knew that when comparing fit and finish, we couldn't go wrong with one. Oh, and the fact that every 'Bu owner we've EVER met loved their boat like nothing else. It was a no-brainer when we decided we needed a boat.

:beer:

congrats, nice boat, did the exact same with my 07 ride....like the clean look........

welcome to the crew....

Thanks! I see we're neighbors...let's start a PNW vRide club. haha...No? Okay, bad idea.

Congrats Nice looking boat, welcome to the Crew...

been meaning to tell you, your sig pic is about the most fap worthy combo of any internet sig I've seen in the last couple of years. I've shared that pic with many a friend, btw!

I'm not sure what is worse...buying your boat in the middle of winter or buying it in late fall! I bought mine in mid September, so I got to use it a few times. Needless to say it's been a REALLY long winter so far! Welcome to the crew!

I have done that twice, I bought my 04 a week after labor day...and my 2010 a week before labor day...They have both been awful long winters, at least for this last boat I kept busy with accessories upgrades helps pass the time away ...