Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just bought 2008 wake setter

vhawk

Well I finally did it. I am picking up my 08 wake setter this weekend. I have a million question for the crew, but I will start with a fuel usage question. Anyone ever figure the gallon per hou ratio? Our old bout seemed like it used about five gallons per hour. How will I compare?

Well I finally did it. I am picking up my 08 wake setter this weekend. I have a million question for the crew, but I will start with a fuel usage question. Anyone ever figure the gallon per hour ratio? Our old bout seemed like it used about five gallons per hour. How will I compare?

It's not so much as how many Gallons per hour, it's How Many Friends you invite that will actually pitch in for gas..That's what I'm more concerned with...

Sweet tow vehicle

I would Love to claim that Camaro as mine...But a certain friend of mine would have something to say... I love the combo though Edited by Wakesetter67

I typically go through half a tank a weekend riding 2 days with rear and center ballast full. I heard somewhere it gets 3 miles per gallon but its going to depend on amount of people in the boat, ballast, and wedge.

I had to fill out a chart for Malibu/Indmar to show the oil usage vs. hours vs. gas, and if you take the total gallons and total hours. My 09 vlx used 4.73 gallons per hour. This while being used weighted with the wedge deployed.

So, on my 07 Wakesetter VLX, if we are wakeboarding, fully weighted (MLS ballast + ~3500lbs) I am burning roughly 6-10 gallons an hour. It changes a lot depending on who is riding and what they are doing. You burn the most on the hole shot, so if you're just towing someone up and down the lake without them falling you're not going to burn near as much.