Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I think I found my 'bu

gmab

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gmab

• skicrave

• martinarcher

• TallRedRider

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didnt have time to read the whole thread but I have an 07 LSV and you can see in my avatar pic that it only has 3 holes up front on driver side. And I have all the tanks and every option. That is a great deal, I got mine for 42 last year from some folks that were pretty desparate to sell and it had 160 hrs on it. I have not seen a price close to mine in the year I have owned it and this is the first price lower that I have ever seen.

With regard to the sticker, I looked at a ton of 07's. Most had the tribal logo like mine on the side but I also saw plenty with the Wake setter logo. I think it was an early year production vs late year production thing. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about 07 LSV's

Looks like a solid deal to me, cant beat that price! Looks like whoever owned it before was careful with the interior, white is tough to keep clean. We re-lettered ours with the 2008 Wake Setter graphic and it cost around $500.

Edited by BlitzedVLX

UPDATE;

We settled on the deal this morning. The owner was out of town so things got a bit held up. Final agreed price was $41.3k, so a bit higher than my original post of $40k.

I'm still going to take the time and fly down(I have a voucher) in a couple of weeks to check out and ride the boat. It's located in Rogers, AR.

Unfortunately, I can't take the time to drive it back myself as it is a 2k trip one-way, so I'll have to figure out transportation.

The next steps are;

• Finalize the purchase and get 'er home.
  • Update membership to a CrewSupporter!! (gotta show the love)
  • Let the Northwest crew know that I'll be at Sunbanks WOW in June.
  • Get to know Paul @ Bake's for all the mods & toys (gotta get a heater for the wife) :thumbup:

On a side note, I got the s/n on the engine and called Indmar. Motor built on 4/24/07 and no warranty claims. That's really cool that they'll look up and give you that information.

Didnt have time to read the whole thread but I have an 07 LSV and you can see in my avatar pic that it only has 3 holes up front on driver side. And I have all the tanks and every option. That is a great deal, I got mine for 42 last year from some folks that were pretty desparate to sell and it had 160 hrs on it. I have not seen a price close to mine in the year I have owned it and this is the first price lower that I have ever seen.

With regard to the sticker, I looked at a ton of 07's. Most had the tribal logo like mine on the side but I also saw plenty with the Wake setter logo. I think it was an early year production vs late year production thing. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about 07 LSV's

I really like your color combo. There was a 2006 boat that looked just like your's in SoCal. I missed it as they sold it 20minutes prior to my call. I was quite bummed. It was listed at $46.9 and went for $42.9.

Looks like you got a great deal!!

Edited by gmab

UPDATE;

We settled on the deal this morning. The owner was out of town so things got a bit held up. Final agreed price was $41.3k, so a bit higher than my original post of $40k.

I'm still going to take the time and fly down(I have a voucher) in a couple of weeks to check out and ride the boat. It's located in Rogers, AR.

Unfortunately, I can't take the time to drive it back myself as it is a 2k trip one-way, so I'll have to figure out transportation.

The next steps are;

• Get to know Paul @ Bake's for all the mods & toys (gotta get a heater for the wife) :thumbup:

On a side note, I got the s/n on the engine and called Indmar. Motor built on 4/24/07 and no warranty claims. That's really cool that they'll look up and give you that information.

I really like your color combo. There was a 2006 boat that looked just like your's in SoCal. I missed it as they sold it 20minutes prior to my call. I was quite bummed. It was listed at $46.9 and went for $42.9.

Yahoo.gif Congrats! That is awesome!

UPDATE;

The next steps are;

My understanding the best going rate for shipping is somewhere around $1/mile......Good luck! I also think it would be cool if the BUcrew could get it to you.......I will tow it 250 miles from Portland........

Edited by skurfer

My understanding the best going rate for shipping is somewhere around $1/mile......Good luck! I also think it would be cool if the BUcrew could get it to you.......I will tow it 250 miles from Portland........

I used uship.com and found this guy (Wayne) and shipped my Sunsetter from CA to PA for $2k (approx 2500 miles). It also rode on a giant flatbed trailer which meant no wheel bearing/tire risk on the boat trailer. The biggest reason I liked the boat on a flatbed is there would be no stone chips from the long tow. Thumbup.gif

He would send me an email each evening and let me know how far he made it across country. Super nice guy. He travels with his wife, he drives and she does the paperwork, picture taking, documentation. They do a great job.

photo%204%20%281%29.jpg

Edited by martinarcher

UPDATE;

The next steps are;

I used a company out of San Diego a few years ago to have my truck shipped from Missouri to Alberta(Western Canada) About 2200 miles and was less than $2k

They are called A-A auto transport 1-800-466-6935 the guys name is Selwyn. Don't know if they are still operating but doesn't hurt to check. Had many friends use them and all went well. I believe they do boats as well and you can choose an open trailer or closed.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by White Lightning

I have a cousin ready to flop a down payment on a very similar boat a few states away for around 10K more than that. Check out this bad boy with a Titan 3 :thumbup:

Tell him not to do it. That boat is on my short list once I sell my current boat... :crazy::innocent::tease2: Actually, I have communicated with the guy a few times, seems to be a straight shooter. The price is right at 47K, and I wonder if he might go a few grand under that. The boat came from back east is my only concern, and the trailer looks like it might be galvanized, meaning that the original owner intended to use it in salt water. I am not sure that would be an issue if it has not been in the salt recently and shows no adverse signs of wear at this point.

Tell him not to do it. That boat is on my short list once I sell my current boat... :crazy::innocent::tease2: Actually, I have communicated with the guy a few times, seems to be a straight shooter. The price is right at 47K, and I wonder if he might go a few grand under that. The boat came from back east is my only concern, and the trailer looks like it might be galvanized, meaning that the original owner intended to use it in salt water. I am not sure that would be an issue if it has not been in the salt recently and shows no adverse signs of wear at this point.

That is funny, my cousin ended up buying an 05 211 Nauti for a few K less yesterday, he failed to tell me he wanted a decent cross-over boat during our consultation. The 07LSV with a Titan is my dream set up right now :drool: so maybe I failed to ask him his intentions with this boat :dontknow: He went and looked at it, said the sellers were a father/son deal and appeared they took really good care of it and were sad to be selling it. I don't know anything about salt exposure but I do "think" you can do a little better than 47k :whistle:

Edited by Ndawg12

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we sold that boat (I've never seen another one with the exact same graphics and options), and the trailer is a marble Boatmate to match the boat, not galvanized. Like I said, I could be wrong, but that's not a very common color combo.

Hey, check this out.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-Malibu-Wakesetter-23-LSV-98010646

This is the type of thing I was running into. If you look closely at the pictures, it doesn't have a bow ballast so how can it be a Wakesetter? I thought all Wakesetters had all four ballast tanks?

Can't tell what hull this boat is on as the stern pic leaves out the corners (intentional?).

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we sold that boat (I've never seen another one with the exact same graphics and options), and the trailer is a marble Boatmate to match the boat, not galvanized. Like I said, I could be wrong, but that's not a very common color combo.

I think he said that he bought it in North Carolina, IIRC. But like you said, there cannot be many like it in the world. If I got down to the nitty gritty, I will get the HIN and see what information that brings up.

I have that same boat with grey instead of black on the interior. I took the graphics off to make it cleaner looking. I love it. We as much as a skier and barefooter would like a v-drive.

I think he said that he bought it in North Carolina, IIRC. But like you said, there cannot be many like it in the world. If I got down to the nitty gritty, I will get the HIN and see what information that brings up.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the same boat (this was when I lived in Kentucky). I still have all of the original pictures I took of the boat when it was brand new, so let me know if you want to see them.

UPDATE;

I had a great experience with a shipper I found on UShip.com - I think I still have his card if you are interested. It was only about $600.00 to tow from Boston, MA to Cincinnati, OH.

-- Mike

Thanks for all the transportation tips. I'll be calling around shortly for quotes.

Ideally, I'd like to fly down and drive back however rental companies and towing is a bit of a gamble. ie; not allowed in rental contract although I know some do it anyway.

I got hooked up with an airline ticket voucher so the flights are booked for the 26th. :clap:

Did you consider making a trip with one or two of your buddies to go get your boat ?

I don't know what kind of tow rig you have but if it is a full size suv or pickup you could conceivably drive 22+ hours per day.

One guy sleeps in the back seat while the pilot and copilot switch off every two hours to keep the fatigue to a minimum.

We sort of did that one time but we were towing a travel trailer. I just had an Extended Cab Chevy 454 pickup with a canopy over the bed. Covered 1100 miles in under 24 hours including gas and hamburger stops. And because we were pushing a lot of wind resistance we did not attempt to go the speeds that I tow my boat. Big block gas Chevy's love fuel and a short box only has a 26 gallon tank.

We did get out of the rig for a few minutes and ate within the fast food places. We found we did better getting that stretch instead of eating while we were driving. If you have some good pillows and blankets it works well.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I found a buyer for my boat, so I emailed him. It has been sold...probably in part to our good publicity on the boat here...haha!

And about the buyer of my current boat...let's hope it works out. This will be the second guy who has been very close to buying it.

I got back today from checking out the boat. I decided to fly out since I was hooked up with a free flight & rental car vouchers.

The boat looked great and we spent about 2 hrs test driving it. The only thing that wasn't as advertised were the hours on the boat. Rather than the 156hrs advertised, the boat only had 72 hrs.

Really, the only thing I found were some of the chrome pieces on the boat were pitted. This picture is the worst one and is the emblem on the tower. The emblem on the other side is fine. I'm guessing its sun exposure?

The stereo seemed a bit weak but its from the factory. I've read somewhere that Malibu didn't put the greatest sound in these in '07?

Other than that, everything looked great. I just have to get 'er home now.

IMG_0477.jpg

Edited by gmab

I got back today from checking out the boat. I decided to fly out since I was hooked up with a free flight & rental car vouchers.

The boat looked great and we spent about 2 hrs test driving it. The only thing that wasn't as advertised were the hours on the boat. Rather than the 156hrs advertised, the boat only had 72 hrs.

Really, the only thing I found were some of the chrome pieces on the boat were pitted. This picture is the worst one and is the emblem on the tower. The emblem on the other side is fine. I'm guessing its sun exposure?

The stereo seemed a bit weak but its from the factory. I've read somewhere that Malibu didn't put the greatest sound in these in '07?

Other than that, everything looked great. I just have to get 'er home now.

IMG_0477.jpg

Hey great looking boat, Looks like your in my neck of the woods. Hope to see you on the river soon!

That is really strange to advertise a boat with over 2x the hours on it that it really has hmmm.. Did you get the vin number off the boat and call malibu and ask them "what's this boat" and give them the vin number? They will tell you exactly what it is and what options it shoudl have, I did it before. That was before the huge re-org though. Don't worry about the emblems alot of them did that until they went to the stainless ones. Paul can get you better ones.