Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mechanic in North East Kansas Southern Nebraska

lewistonskier

I recently moved to North East Kansas, and before ski season starts, I need a good tune up, and probably my carb to be rebuilt. I live between Lincoln and Kansas City, and the nerest 'Bu dealer in 3 hours away. I'll drive it if need to, but wanted to know if anyone had a recomended mechanic in the Topeka, Manhattan, or Lincoln. Thanks in advance.

I'll ask my buddy that has a malibu near dodge city, kansas where he takes his.

I've taken mine to Summit Boats and Gear here in Kansas City once for winterization and a full service. They finished days before they estimated and they had a lot of boats on their lot for service, so they seem to do good service and I will go back there. They are certified Indmar mechanics also.

The only other place I know of is Ski Shack in Springfield, mo who is an authorized malibu dealer, wait I take that back. At the KC boat show 2 weekends ago I talked to a rep from Max Marine in Kansas City and he said they just became an authorized Malibu Dealer and Service Center.

FYI, the Malibu dealer at Smithville Lake north of KC went out of business over the summer.

:plus1: for Summit Boats and Gear. Great people to deal with, very trustworthy and knowledgible. I've known Josh the lead mechanic there for several years, he's worked on my boats a few times and he knows his stuff. Highly recommended.

Ed

Augie09 - Where is Max Marine? I've never heard of them. FWIW, the last time I was in Smithville B&B wasn't actually shut down. They were up for sale and had cut ties with Malibu though. The guy inside told me they were close to making a deal with a couple potential buyers, both of which wanted to bring Malibu. Of course, that was probably 6 months ago now and if Malibu awarded a new dealership in KC, I highly doubt B&B has any chance of getting one as well.

Which lake do you usually go to?

• 2 months later...

I decided to take it in to Summit Boats and Gear. Josh seems like a good guy. I appreciated all your recommendations. I now have a follow up question. I should be getting my boat back sometime next week, and will want to get it on the water ASAP after picking it up. What's lake should I head to? Keep in mind, I'll be heading northwest of Lee's Summit.

I decided to take it in to Summit Boats and Gear. Josh seems like a good guy. I appreciated all your recommendations. I now have a follow up question. I should be getting my boat back sometime next week, and will want to get it on the water ASAP after picking it up. What's lake should I head to? Keep in mind, I'll be heading northwest of Lee's Summit.

You can head to blue springs lake or lake jacomo. They are 1 mile east of summit boat and gear. Blue springs will be less crowded.

hethj7 - 3 month late response, but marine max is in lee summit. We've gone out on blue springs & hillsdale. Going to hit smithville and lake perry this spring, but we primarly boat on osage arm of ozarks and truman res.

Edited by augie09
  • 2 weeks later...

We picked up our boat on Saturday and, it was a balmy 50* so we just came home. But I couldn't wait to get it out on the water, so with temps in the high 60's on Sunday, we went down to Milford. Water temp was 54*. Everything ran great. Josh did an excelent job, and I would recomend him to anyone. Found a decent patch of water and took three turns. My wife isn't as nuts as I am, so she passed. It was my 2 year old daughters first trip on the boat that she stayed awake for, and she loved it. She spent most of today saying "boat fun dad," and "dad fell down." Already rubing it in when I fall. Thanks to those that suggested Summit Boats. I felt much more comfortable having the crew's endorsement.