Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DomedNumbers.Com

88Skier

Just want to say that I ordered a set of registration numbers for our Sportster back in 2003 or 2004 and the numbers have looked great and held up well. This past summer one corner on one letter started to lift, (the boat is moored all summer). I removed it after Labor Day and contacted domednumbers.com to see if I could buy a replacement and they made and sent me 3 and at no charge. Great product and company!

:plus1:

I just ordered a full set of Decals for my Echelon. I havn't put them on yet but they look awesome and they were great to work with.

Edited by bretski75

I think I'm going to order my numbers here soon. The guy I bought the boat from had them on the boat and I agree, they look awesome!

I was just looking at another website for Domed Registration Numbers, So the Hardest part is deciding what font, and a solid color with a outline.. So what is everyone doing, I would love to mach the Malibu font or close, any Ideas??

I have a question... My Domed letters have just arrived, I hope I did not make a mistake, I saw an example on there website of Black inside and chrome outline, it was on a all black boat and look great!! So I thought i would give it a try. Anyone else put this color combo on a black boat, I'm worried that the local PoPo would not approve...

I have a question... My Domed letters have just arrived, I hope I did not make a mistake, I saw an example on there website of Black inside and chrome outline, it was on a all black boat and look great!! So I thought i would give it a try. Anyone else put this color combo on a black boat, I'm worried that the local PoPo would not approve...

PA law states that they must be a contrasting color to the hull. I would throw them on and have a go at it. I would bet you get a warning the first time if they have a problem with it.

when i bought my boat, it had the same chrome outline on a black letter on the side of a black boat. i never heard about any issues with it. i tried to order the same style when i bought the boat, but because of an error any my impatience on wanting to get onto the water, i just went with the straight grey/chrome color.

PA law states that they must be a contrasting color to the hull. I would throw them on and have a go at it. I would bet you get a warning the first time if they have a problem with it.

Ya I'm only in them 40.00 so we will see. it looked pretty good on the demo boat & you could see a contrast but I put mine up to the side and well it looks good just thought there would be more chrome showing,

So I'm going to install the Domed reg Numbers tomorrow, I did a test fit and was wondering . Should I follow the rub rail and space them about an inch below rub rail and follow the contour of the bow, or start at one end an inch below rub rail and same at the end of the Numbers, leaving a larger gap in the middle of the numbers, Hope that make sense....BTW it's not much of a gap difference, the center is about a 1/2 inch lower from the rub rail then the two ends..

So I'm going to install the Domed reg Numbers tomorrow, I did a test fit and was wondering . Should I follow the rub rail and space them about an inch below rub rail and follow the contour of the bow, or start at one end an inch below rub rail and same at the end of the Numbers, leaving a larger gap in the middle of the numbers, Hope that make sense....BTW it's not much of a gap difference, the center is about a 1/2 inch lower from the rub rail then the two ends..

I know what you mean. I followed the curve of my boat and kept the spacing form the rub rail even. I think it would look a bit goofy otherwise.

I know what you mean. I followed the curve of my boat and kept the spacing form the rub rail even. I think it would look a bit goofy otherwise.

Thanks, only want to do this once, I have always had my dealer do the install, But I need something to do....

Thanks, only want to do this once, I have always had my dealer do the install, But I need something to do....

I hear ya. Just clean off the boat really well with rubbing alchohol or acetone to get any wax off the spot your laying them down.

Then take a small spray bottle and put a couple drops of liquid dish soap in it. Add 6-8 oz luke warm water, shake it up.

Spray the surface of the boat liberally. Peel the backing off the lettering and spray the sticky side of the letters. Lay them down on the boat and use the soapy water to move them exactly into place. After your happy with each letter gently roll your hand over each one to push the water out from behind the letter. Dab the excess water with a paper towel. Let it dry for 24 hours and your set! Rockon.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered mine from 3dlettering and had them in about 3 days. I was very happy with them.

That looks great!! I waiting for warmer weather then I will install them, Yours is a good example to follow..

I have seen them installed both ways, and in my opinion, i think it looks better if you follow the rub rail. to me it almost looks like the numbers are bowing the opposite direction if you install them perfectly straight.

I have seen them installed both ways, and in my opinion, i think it looks better if you follow the rub rail. to me it almost looks like the numbers are bowing the opposite direction if you install them perfectly straight.

We ran it at 1" below the rub rail the entire length of the numbers and we think that looks best. But we did ours below the rail not above. YMMV in your locale

• 4 months later...

I cannot believe that they do not have a functional website for this sort of thing. Type in www.domednumbers.com and you are automatically redirected to customdoming.com and the site is 'under construction' without any ability to see the look and font before ordering.

I guess they expect me to just know what their fonts look like?

Funny thing is, that I called them to see what they can do...he told me that he has a Malibu Font, and I made an impulse buy and just bought what he told me would look terrific. I can tell that the service was terrific and he even knew exactly what should look good on the boat. I will post a review when I get them.

Edited by TallRedRider

I cannot believe that they do not have a functional website for this sort of thing. Type in www.domednumbers.com and you are automatically redirected to customdoming.com and the site is 'under construction' without any ability to see the look and font before ordering.

I guess they expect me to just know what their fonts look like?

Funny thing is, that I called them to see what they can do...he told me that he has a Malibu Font, and I made an impulse buy and just bought what he told me would look terrific. I can tell that the service was terrific and he even knew exactly what should look good on the boat. I will post a review when I get them.

You won't be disappointed, but he can email you what they will look like. Andy did numbers for my last bost and the current one and does great work. He also does custom vinyl and matched the silver metal flake get almost perfect!