Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Saver for a 2002 Sunsetter LXI

dtm8119

Cant answer your questions on your year boat...Just that I have a Carpet Saver and love it so worth the money :thumbup:

Here is a link that died.

I would say if you can get the carpet take your boat to a local upolstery shop and have them make you one that fits correctly with the rubber backing with the little knobs that keep it in place.

FWIW

• 11 months later...

Wanted to bump this (almost a year to the date, ha!) to see if anyone else had any ideas, or has had one made for a 99-04 Sunsetter LXI and might be able to help?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Since I could not find any at Bakes, etc., I had a complete set of carpet savers made for my ’99 SSLXi by a local auto upholstery shop using the same carpet the Malibu factory uses. I bought the carpet for a couple hundred dollars directly from the carpet manufacturer. I think the upholstery shop charged me about $500 to make the full set, including templates. They are edge-wrapped around a rubber backing material, making them quite rigid so they do not creep or wrinkle. The fit looks factory.

My carpet was really looking shabby but the rest of my interior is super so the carpet savers have really transformed the boat. They occasionally get wet underneath, particularly when filling/emptying ballast sacks or after a long day on the lake with a full boat. I this case, I take them out to let everything dry before putting them back in. Best of all, I can remove them to vacuum and have them cleaned when the carpet cleaner is doing the carpet in the house.

I have been extremely happy with them and the cost was far less than a full re-carpet. Also, I now have the templates so it will be half the cost to make new ones when these wear out.

I’m getting my boat out of storage on Tuesday so I will post some pics later this week.