Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini recommendations for 01 Sunkicker with Titan I tower

rhavey79

Very interested to hear recommendations and see pics of well made biminis that work with a Titan I tower. Anyone have a brand or manufacturer that you highly recommended specifically for the Titan I?

Looks fantastic! Was there any drilling required or does this just clamp to the tower? Did you install yourself? I just picked up a surf board so extra storage would be a big plus.

I installed the Monster Tower small cargo bimini and have been very happy. It is not as much coverge as the Titan bimini but allowed me to lower my board racks (Titan cruisers with spinners) and is a great place to store surfboards. DSC03129.jpg

http://i199.photobuc...dw/DSC_0121.jpg

I had to drill and tap threads into the tower. With some locktight on the treads, I have had no issues. It has been on for two years. I placed it as high as possible, still clearing the speakers and allowing room fro surfboards. It was a 3 hour job, mostly because I measured 3 times and leveled everything before I drilled.

It is very solid and does not rattle at all - I have been happy with it.

I have one I got from my dealer...made by Great Lakes. It has held up well. Theone he Rhavey has looks nice too.

My only gripe about mine is that when it is not in use, the bimini "arms" rub against the tower legs.

Great Lakes has made our Under the Tower Bimini since Titan Wake started and still makes them for us now.

There is now an Over the Top Bimini made for the Series I but I apologize I don't have a picture of that one at the moment. Commercial Sewing makes that one for us.

post-14828-000991700 1296069533_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...

Great Lakes has made our Under the Tower Bimini since Titan Wake started and still makes them for us now.

There is now an Over the Top Bimini made for the Series I but I apologize I don't have a picture of that one at the moment. Commercial Sewing makes that one for us.

The Great Lakes is nice, but I can't spend that kind of cash. Anyone have any luck with some of the cheaper variety?