Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Rear Ballast - Parts List

Bake's Marine

M-Crew,

Since we did the add a ballast bag valve system, I've been getting a lot of questions / asking for a parts list or diagram of doing a complete ballast system all on its own. Some people want to keep the factory system separate from the bag, mostly because they are running pre-sets on the new boats and don't want to interrupt that system (system shuts off once hard tank is full)

So here is what I know to be a complete parts list per bag system if you wanted to add a bag in the back completely plumbed on its own. Hope this helps with that winter project!

Ballast parts list per bag =

No matter what bag you have, you should need this list. All parts should be ¾ inch.

Other Supplies you would need:

• 14 Awg Wire
  • 5 Amp In-fuse or Breaker for new ballast circuit
  • Electrical Insulated Slide Terminals
  • Heat Shrink Butt Connections
  • Wire Loom / Electrical Tape

Here is a link to add a bag valve system on the crew if you didn't want to drill any thru hull fittings: http://www.themalibu...ballast-system/

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with a system for your boat.

Hope this helped you out!

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

M-Crew,

Since we did the add a ballast bag valve system, I've been getting a lot of questions / asking for a parts list or diagram of doing a complete ballast system all on its own. Some people want to keep the factory system separate from the bag, mostly because they are running pre-sets on the new boats and don't want to interrupt that system (system shuts off once hard tank is full)

So here is what I know to be a complete parts list per bag system if you wanted to add a bag in the back completely plumbed on its own. Hope this helps with that winter project!

Ballast parts list per bag =

No matter what bag you have, you should need this list. All parts should be ¾ inch.

Other Supplies you would need:

• 14 Awg Wire
  • 5 Amp In-fuse or Breaker for new ballast circuit
  • Electrical Insulated Slide Terminals
  • Heat Shrink Butt Connections
  • Wire Loom / Electrical Tape

Here is a link to the valve system on the crew: http://www.themalibu...ballast-system/

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with a system for your boat.

Hope this helped you out!

-Paul

Great list Paul. I had my dealer do the exact install. I will be adding the quick connects that I just ordered from you so the bags can be easily removed. Due to space issues the dealer did not install the shut off valves on my two fill pumps. I know some members will frown upon this and I understand that the USCG would not approve however I am in Canada! I Haven't had any issues to date but if there is any way I may cram then. BTW the ghetto looking duct tape was my handy work. I will replace it with black eletrical tape for a cleaner work. Paul perhaps put up a link to some of your installs. Here is what mine looks like. http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/garage/vehicle/50-malibu-wakesetter-vtx/page__tab__mods__mod_id__40

Edited by old skool malibu

Great list Paul. I had my dealer do the exact install. I will be adding the quick connects that I just ordered from you so the bags can be easily removed - you may want to add to your list? Due to space issues the dealer did not install the shut off valves on my two fill pumps. I know some members will frown upon this and I understand that the USCG would not approve however I am in Canada! I Haven't had any issues to date but if there is any way I may cram then in I may do it myself. BTW the ghetto looking duct tape was my handy work. I will replace it with black eletrical tape for a cleaner work. Paul perhaps put up a link to some of your installs. Here is what mine looks like. http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/garage/vehicle/50-malibu-wakesetter-vtx/page__tab__mods__mod_id__40

Hey Rob. I was wondering how much it cost for the extra pumps and bags? PM me if you want.

Great list Paul. I had my dealer do the exact install. I will be adding the quick connects that I just ordered from you so the bags can be easily removed. Due to space issues the dealer did not install the shut off valves on my two fill pumps. I know some members will frown upon this and I understand that the USCG would not approve however I am in Canada! I Haven't had any issues to date but if there is any way I may cram then. BTW the ghetto looking duct tape was my handy work. I will replace it with black eletrical tape for a cleaner work. Paul perhaps put up a link to some of your installs. Here is what mine looks like. http://www.themalibu...ods__mod_id__40

Thanks. Your install looks good! You will like having the quick connects so you can get the bags out and let the compartment dry and get some air from time to time.

We've been bad taking pictures of systems we've installed, here is a link to our facebook page that has a folder of a few ballast installs if you want to check out some photos.

-Paul

Thanks. Your install looks good! You will like having the quick connects so you can get the bags out and let the compartment dry and get some air from time to time.

We've been bad taking pictures of systems we've installed, here is a link to our facebook page that has a folder of a few ballast installs if you want to check out some photos.

-Paul

Just finished with the quick connects today. Much better! I will snap some picks. Also got the heater tube installed. Picks under winter projects and in my boat house.

The elbow.....apparantly there is meant to be an o-ring on the connection that goes into the bag...im pretty sure mine dont have that, I will have to check when i can get to the boat.

The elbow.....apparantly there is meant to be an o-ring on the connection that goes into the bag...im pretty sure mine dont have that, I will have to check when i can get to the boat.

Never had any issues with the set I had on my old boat. Definately need a seal in there.