Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wind dam mod

Dexter

• 2 weeks later...

i went back to the Seattle boatshow yesterday and realized something. when i closed the frameless walkthrough windshield on the 23lsv, it looked like the base of the windshield was actually 2-3" behind the channels for the wind dam. they did not have the wind dam for me to validate, but because of the curvature of the window, it looked like the center 'might' have touched the wind dam (assuming that the rubber stops were installed), but the two sides at the base were a couple of inches back.

Can anyone validate if this is correct?

i swear that on my 07, the base of the walkthrough windshield was pretty straight....

i went back to the Seattle boatshow yesterday and realized something. when i closed the frameless walkthrough windshield on the 23lsv, it looked like the base of the windshield was actually 2-3" behind the channels for the wind dam. they did not have the wind dam for me to validate, but because of the curvature of the window, it looked like the center 'might' have touched the wind dam (assuming that the rubber stops were installed), but the two sides at the base were a couple of inches back.

Can anyone validate if this is correct?

i swear that on my 07, the base of the walkthrough windshield was pretty straight....

Well, On my VTX, the wind dam is in front of the windshield. I think you can slide it out without opening the windshield. As long as the dam is up high enough, you don't really get wing through there though....

Well, On my VTX, the wind dam is in front of the windshield. I think you can slide it out without opening the windshield. As long as the dam is up high enough, you don't really get wing through there though....

good point. but without the rubber stops, then it would seem like you would get the wind and water that could come right through. i dont have any expreience with these, but it seems like the 'Wind dam' in the newer boats arent so much of a 'wind dam' if they have that much gap.

Interesting discussion on rubber stops that I've never seen. Ever.

Peter.

Ok, so who is going to go out and take the cover off of their boat to see if we are crazy or not. i would, but my boat is in storage 300mi away.....

Croykee I've captured a picture of the illusive Malibu wind dam rubber stoppers, look at them they're beauties!!!!!

They have been on the last 2 malibu's I've had. Took this picture 5 min ago. The last two I've had have been built at the Merced plant though, could be the difference here?

P2010416.jpg

Croykee I've captured a picture of the illusive Malibu wind dam rubber stoppers, look at them they're beauties!!!!!

They have been on the last 2 malibu's I've had. Took this picture 5 min ago. The last two I've had have been built at the Merced plant though, could be the difference here?

P2010416.jpg

06- I think thats the diff. Mine has them as well but most of the 2010/11 out of Texas that I have seen are missing those beauties.

Is say its definitely an oversight somewhere. My 06 had them, and now my 09 does as well. Strange to think they would stop doing it, certainly not much cost savings there.

mine doesn't have the stops.

That bugs me when they take out those little things like the cooler hinge, little things that we value so much and then boats gets more expensive.

If your under warranty I would definitely bring it up, it could be a production over sight. That huge gap from the windshield to the wind block shouldn't be there.

-Paul

PS: What were you doing looking at new boats!?

Paul, get it fixed... :Tease3:

06- I think thats the diff. Mine has them as well but most of the 2010/11 out of Texas that I have seen are missing those beauties.

Texas? What are you smoking in Calgary these days!!! Just giving you a hard time. See you on the weekend.

I believe on mine a 2010 247 LSV it slides all the way down to the floor from top to bottom so there is no gap???...maybe I'm missing something here??? :whistle:

Texas? What are you smoking in Calgary these days!!! Just giving you a hard time. See you on the weekend.

How did you know..yes I did live in BC for quite a few years :whistle: TN, TX..its all the same isn't it :unsure:

Edited by old skool malibu
  • 1 month later...

sorry to hijack the thread, but how does the wind dam mount to the boat? are there 2 c channels that it slips into?

Yep. There are a couple pics in the first few posts showing the channels.

• 5 weeks later...

P2010416.jpg

Does anyone know where to get these rubber stops at?