Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New tower consideration

apwrx

Iam really liking this tower.Not sure on exact cost but think it will look great on my Bu'.folds super easy and is just a different look than my Illusion. I would probably sell my Illusion to help offset the cost .thoughts?

2011-01-04_15-52-11_613.jpg

looks similar to the very first illusion tower to me. I like it!

post-996-006678400 1295218969_thumb.jpg

Kinda what i thought when i first saw it. I think the fact its red and is on a red and white boat makes me want it that much more. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Iam really liking this tower.Not sure on exact cost but think it will look great on my Bu'.folds super easy and is just a different look than my Illusion. I would probably sell my Illusion to help offset the cost .thoughts?

2011-01-04_15-52-11_613.jpg

I think That would look great and Samson does a great job building towers, I bought my first tower form him for my Ski Sanger!!
I would probably sell my Illusion to help offset the cost .thoughts?
PM me if you are selling your tower! Would be interested if and when you decide to sell. thanks.

A tower off of a VLX (100" beam) won't fit a Rlx (90" beam). Just saying.... :unsure:

A tower off of a VLX (100" beam) won't fit a Rlx (90" beam). Just saying.... :unsure:

A man can dream right!? :biggrin: That or he knows how to work cast Aluminum like no other.

-Paul

I thought Samson still custom builds towers for each boat?

:Doh:

OK, I'll "talk" slowly this time, try to follow along. :Tease3:

apwrx owns a VLX with an Illusion tower. The VLX has a beam width of 100 inches. He posted:

I am really liking this tower. Not sure on exact cost but think it will look great on my Bu'. It folds super easy and is just a different look than my Illusion. I would probably sell my Illusion to help offset the cost. Thoughts?

To which BlazerSS replied:

PM me if you are selling your tower! Would be interested if and when you decide to sell. thanks.

Problem being that BlazerSS owns a Response LX (at least that's what his profile claims). A Response has a beam width of 90", a full 10" narrower than the VLX. The Illusion has no ability to adjust for width so the Illusion that apwrx would be selling would not fit BlazerSS's boat. Got it? :biggrin:

Edited by NorCaliBu

apwrx owns a VLX with an Illusion tower. The VLX has a beam width of 100 inches. He posted:

Problem being that BlazerSS owns a Response LX (at least that's what his profile claims). A Response has a beam width of 90", a full 10" narrower than the VLX. The Illusion has no ability to adjust for width so the Illusion that apwrx would be selling would not fit BlazerSS's boat. Got it? :biggrin:

Well that sure makes sence, I guess I miss the BlazerSS Part....Thanks!! I still think that tower would look good on his boat, kinda a G3 look,

I'm certainly not a fan of the functionality of the illusion but are I think this would be a crazy mod based on several levels. Are you having problems with your illusion? Are you sure the "red" will match up? Can you swap over your gear (racks, tower speakers, etc. ) ?

Maybe you are still talking to fast because you missed the fact that his VLX has a 98" beam, just sayin...

Well that sure makes sence, I guess I miss the BlazerSS Part....Thanks!! I still think that tower would look good on his boat, kinda a G3 look,

:thumbup: I'm not a big "tower guy" (slalom skier :rockon: ) but I gotta say your boat (in your signature picture) is beautiful. That is probably the best looking tower I've ever seen.

Maybe you are still talking to fast because you missed the fact that his VLX has a 98" beam, just sayin...

:lol: Older hull... :Doh: Good catch.

EDIT: Still can't adjust the Illusion to fit the 8 inch difference.

Edited by NorCaliBu

:thumbup: I'm not a big "tower guy" (slalom skier :rockon: ) but I gotta say your boat (in your signature picture) is beautiful. That is probably the best looking tower I've ever seen.

thanks!! I have to admit, I was not sure about the new G3, I loved my illusion X on my 04, But just like anything new it takes time to grow on you, Now hands down the G3 is my favorite by far!! And I think 06VLX would agree :clap:

Just make sure you use a Left Handed Johnson Wrench to install that bad boy...

The G3 is everything the Illusion should have been, why Malibu decided Metcraft over Titan we'll never know. When the time came we all know who they chose to purchase, one the best made period for Malibu.

That Samson tower looks too much like the original Illusion tower, which was a big flop for a reason. We used to see those towers sitting behind the shop at several dealerships or being sold on various websites. My own brother replaced his with a Titan III because of problems they had getting a swivel SkySki rack to work on it.

I'm not a fan of any of the Metcraft Illusions. But the bottom line is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

:lol: I'd forgot about this .Iam leaving it as is, not worth the money or effort and i have absolutely zero problems with my Illusion.

:lol: I'd forgot about this .Iam leaving it as is, not worth the money or effort and i have absolutely zero problems with my Illusion.

Good call, Your boat looks awesome! Hey it even Made the crew calender..... :rockon: