Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini Issue...Again

Ndawg12

I have struggled with this thing from day 1. Basically its too tall for stowing. My main question: is there supposed to be a slight bend in the rod that's attached to the rear tower leg? This bend stops the rods from sliding and making it short enough to fit anywhere under the tower. This is all I can come up with for stowing it for now but it's certainly not going to work when the season hits....

bimini1.jpg

bimini2.jpg

Ok, I decided to get the sawzall out :thumbup: it looks good like this but I don't know if the arms are long enough now. BTW, straightening didn't work :whistle: So I'll see if it will fit now after I get these rugrats down for a nap. I wonder if my local West Marine would carry these or even just aluminum bar that I could cut and rivet the end back on...?

bimini4.jpg

bimini3.jpg

I've wanted one of those for a while now, I think they came out in 08. Pretty sweet, Bakes actually sells them too. BTW, the poles are a few inches too short, I'm gonna check marinehardware.com for them.

I've wanted one of those for a while now, I think they came out in 08. Pretty sweet, Bakes actually sells them too. BTW, the poles are a few inches too short, I'm gonna check marinehardware.com for them.

Doh! What size tubing are we after? Check here - they have a ton of sizes.

Look for Stainless tube not aluminum.

Jerry (sunriseh2oskier) and I discussed that, the aluminum is like play-doh. But since I'm not replacing the rest at this time I think I'll go with aluminum again at a fraction of the cost...

Doh! What size tubing are we after? Check here - they have a ton of sizes.

3/4" od is what I think it is. thanks for the link but they just listed pipe sizes rather than tubing, which according to them is a different measurement. I think I've found an online supplier if i can't get it locally.

3/4" od is what I think it is. thanks for the link but they just listed pipe sizes rather than tubing, which according to them is a different measurement. I think I've found an online supplier if i can't get it locally.

Cool. Good deal. Thumbup.gif

Same boat same tower same bimini....

I just disconnect one of the legs and swing it under. Not sure how yours is different.

A local bimini/boat cover maker sold me a couple 24" x 3/4" OD poles. I drilled out and riveted my old ends on to the new ones.

Now I don't have to disconnect anything, just slide it all the way in and the front easily clears the front tower legs. Now that I'm a bimini expert :biggrin: Ruff, are your rear mounts too high?

Edited by Ndawg12

A local bimini/boat cover maker sold me a couple 24" x 3/4" OD poles. I drilled out and riveted my old ends on to the new ones.

Now I don't have to disconnect anything, just slide it all the way in and the front easily clears the front tower legs. Now that I'm a bimini expert :biggrin: Ruff, are your rear mounts too high?

I re-read the original post and I get what your saying now. It is very possible mine are to high as I have to disconnect to move it under the speakers....the funny thing is that I never used the bimini last year :cry: