Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 VLS upgrade to Maliview????

wesleythepointer

Is it possible to upgrade a 2007 VLS to the new Maliview system? If so, anyone know of a approx cost? I've seen posts here that are a few years old and I am hoping there is some updated info.

It is of course possible, but probably not economically feasible.

Why don't you clue him in on what it would take to do it then, I'm sure you know what it takes right? I would say economically unfeasible is quite an understatement. I say not possible because malibu won't sell you the parts to do it.

Edited by 06vlx

Seriously, if you want to throw stones.... This is from the same guy that says Bakes is offering 15% off props?? wrong

My friend, whom works for a dealer did it and wasn't keen on telling me how much it cost.

I would bet a ton of $ that there is a dealer out there that will sell you the parts. Have I looked, no, but there is no way Malibu is that organized or standardized. Sort of like the auto wedge, some can get it from their dealers, others can't. If you think every dealer out there has the integrity of the pope, you're wrong. All they have to do is give the right VIN to order parts.

If someone gave me $10,000 cash, I could find the parts....

Seriously, if you want to throw stones.... This is from the same guy that says Bakes is offering 15% off props?? wrong

My friend, whom works for a dealer did it and wasn't keen on telling me how much it cost.

I would bet a ton of $ that there is a dealer out there that will sell you the parts. Have I looked, no, but there is no way Malibu is that organized or standardized. Sort of like the auto wedge, some can get it from their dealers, others can't. If you think every dealer out there has the integrity of the pope, you're wrong. All they have to do is give the right VIN to order parts.

If someone gave me $10,000 cash, I could find the parts....

Stones? Yeah hang your hat on that one, :rofl: mr Newb. I asked you to describe the parts list necessary to complete the job. Come on man tell me the parts list necessary for the malivue on the 07'. So according to you a person needs to find a shady dealer to get the mods done? Wow very worthwhile project.

That's right, everyone's status in life is based on how much they post! too funny So if you called your local dealer and he said sure, I'll sell you those parts and it costs this much, you wouldn't buy because he's "shady?" ya right. Also, the debate was never about it being worthwhile....

You said it was NOT possible, don't back pedal too much, you may fall over your own internet ego. :whistle:

That's right, everyone's status in life is based on how much they post! too funny So if you called your local dealer and he said sure, I'll sell you those parts and it costs this much, you wouldn't buy because he's "shady?" ya right. Also, the debate was never about it being worthwhile....

You said it was NOT possible, don't back pedal too much, you may fall over your own internet ego. :whistle:

Yeah ok toughguy :lol: . What parts are you talking about anyways?

Are you trying to say that if I owned a maliview and it got stripped/stolen, and all I had was he hull they couldn't repair it???

BTW, 5000 post don't you smarter or tougher than anybody else on the internet... :thumbup:

So, answer the question, is it possible??

back pedal.... :yahoo:

Are you trying to say that if I owned a maliview and it got stripped/stolen, and all I had was he hull they couldn't repair it???

BTW, 5000 post don't you smarter or tougher than anybody else on the internet... :thumbup:

So, answer the question, is it possible??

back pedal.... :yahoo:

Just so you know it's more than a screen in the malivue system. My you are a smartass aren't you. Can it be done, not if malibu wont' sell the parts. Let's make a little bet. Call up malibu and tell them you want them to sell you the parts to convert an 07' to be malivue compatible and see what they say. I think you'll soon find out that if you can't get the parts it's not possible.

Not a smartass, just not rolling over like you'd like. Funny how you don't answer any of my questions... :whistle: I'll answer them for you, yes it is possible, but not economically feasible.

Send me $10K and I'll send you all of the parts necessary.

Shoot, send me $70K and I'll send you all the parts and a boat attached for free!

So yes, there are many ways it is possible, just not economically feasible. Wow, I seem to be repeating myself :rofl:

Not a smartass, just not rolling over like you'd like. Funny how you don't answer any of my questions... :whistle: I'll answer them for you, yes it is possible, but not economically feasible.

Send me $10K and I'll send you all of the parts necessary.

Shoot, send me $70K and I'll send you all the parts and a boat attached for free!

So yes, there are many ways it is possible, just not economically feasible. Wow, I seem to be repeating myself :rofl:

Pretty sure I did answer all of your questions. You seem to be dodging all of mine though. BTW lots of us have friends that work at dealerships, some of us even have friends that run dealerships.

At the end of the day if a person was able to obtain all the parts necessary (which might not be possible) than the upgrade would be possible. Does that work for you.

Still not sure how you got all butthurt when I asked you to list the parts necessary to complete the job?

Edited by 06vlx

You have a friend that RUNS a dealership :clap:

I see you didn't disagree with ANY of my statements. The parts list is not an issue if you send me $70K. That is your only question answered.

So, are you going to send me $10K or $70K?? :rofl: If you send me $10K, you're right, I'll have to figure out all of the parts needed... 70K, I'll hand you the parts in 7 days.

So, is it possible?? You said no originally...

I said yes, but not economically feasible.

You have a friend that RUNS a dealership :clap:

I see you didn't disagree with ANY of my statements. The parts list is not an issue if you send me $70K. That is your only question answered.

So, are you going to send me $10K or $70K?? :rofl: If you send me $10K, you're right, I'll have to figure out all of the parts needed... 70K, I'll hand you the parts in 7 days.

So, is it possible?? You said no originally...

I said yes, but not economically feasible.

If your friend did it, obvioiusly it's possible. But a friend that won't tell you how it was done or what it would cost, hmmmm. I'm glad we've narrowed it down to somewhere between 10k and 70k.

Edited by 06vlx

UUh FYI Maliview is totally possible. Start out by getting the parts.

New wire harness for the whole boat. New Pcm. New mux switches x 2. New fuse panel. New sensors for the motor,wedge,depth gauge,vdrive, and air. New dash new malivew screen. Now that you have 8k+ on parts that yes you would have to Buy from a not so honest dealer or a totaled boat you can start the disassembly process. The whole boat has to be taken apart. Now you can put it back together. While installing all your new parts. 2 weeks later you can call malibus and have them help you down load the program that will not except you vin number. Try explaining that one.

Anything in the world I possible if your pockets are deep enough. But even the rich will tell you money can't buy brains.

New wire harness for the whole boat. New Pcm. New mux switches x 2. New fuse panel. New sensors for the motor,wedge,depth gauge,vdrive, and air. New dash new malivew screen. Now that you have 8k+ on parts that yes you would have to Buy from a not so honest dealer or a totaled boat you can start the disassembly process. The whole boat has to be taken apart. Now you can put it back together. While installing all your new parts. 2 weeks later you can call malibus and have them help you down load the program that will not except you vin number. Try explaining that one.

Anything in the world I possible if your pockets are deep enough. But even the rich will tell you money can't buy brains.

I love this thread!! :clap:

post-996-033122000 1295148140_thumb.jpg

:rofl:

I guess the lesson learned here is to quote anything 06vlx says so he doesn't go back hours later after you've responded and edit the crap out of it! :lol:

This one is done. Closed. Sorry to the OP for your introduction to this site. Normally there is more leniency for several opinions here. If you other guys want to carry this on, take it to PM.