Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 Yukon Denali

jenk2board

We just bought a new (to us) 05 Yukon Denali. I thought I read somewhere that the Denailis had the rear load leveling suspension. Does anyone know if this year had it? Also, please feel free to add anything else about the vehicle.

We just bought a new (to us) 05 Yukon Denali. I thought I read somewhere that the Denailis had the rear load leveling suspension. Does anyone know if this year had it? Also, please feel free to add anything else about the vehicle.

I have an 05 yukon denali, and it does have the load-leveling suspension. You can hear it when you put the trailer on or a bunch of stuff in the back.

--Robert

Every Denali that we've lowered has air ride shocks in the back. The only reason it wouldn't is if the previous owner either a) had issues with it and disconnected it, or b) needed new shocks and was cheap and got regular shocks for replacements. Lots of dealerships do this as well to get it sold. Sad, but true.

It is one of my favorite all time body styles on an SUV. If it were 07 or newer I'd have to buy the Chevy instead. First time since the 60s that I like the Chevy front end over the GMC (07-up SUV only).

Decent power from the 6.0 and a reliable drive train, good choice. BTW tons of hiding spots for things in that one if you want to add amps (under the rear seat) or ipod control boxes (under the cup holders) or bluetooth kits or whatever. We did one with a double din nav. with the brain box under the cup holders, a DVD changer in place of the factory CD changer, amps under the rear seat, and an EQ brain box in the back of the rear bench seat behind the arm rest. The only thing taking up room was the sub box. I mean, if you're into that sort of thing. :biggrin:

So there are no adjustments or buttons to activate? It atutomatically adjusts once is senses a significant weight increase on the rear end? I would hook the boat up, but the path to the shed has a foot or so of snow. Would it activate if someone were to stand on the back? Thanks for the info.

Correct, but truck running only. There is a vehicle height sensor on the trailing arm for the rear axle. The system is set up to keep that sensor at or near a certain height.

Open the tailgate and have a couple people sit back there or stand on the bumper. Won't take long and you'll hear the compressor running and feel the vehicle rising slowly.

Edited by jk13

It is one of my favorite all time body styles on an SUV. If it were 07 or newer I'd have to buy the Chevy instead. First time since the 60s that I like the Chevy front end over the GMC (07-up SUV only).

I thought I was the only one that thought that way!! :yes:

I thought I was the only one that thought that way!! :yes:

Well just like the G3 tower it takes a little while to grow on you.....I have an 07 Denali I could not be more happy with this rig...But I will have to agree, Chevy front ends have always looked better to me. But the overall look of this SUV is hard to beat. I bought mine used and it was already lowered and that makes a huge differance....I love the self leveling rear shocks,....overall great SUV

I just traded an 03 XL Denali for a 11 non-XL Denali. The 03 was a great truck. They came standard with the self leveling suspension, a transmission cooler, transmission temp gauge and the tow setting for the transmission. I did prefer the front of the 03 over the 11 but that is it. I like everything else better in the 11. You should be happy with the 05.