Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nav lights 2008 VLX

Hello all,

Can someone tell me the manufacturer of the flip over nav lights Malibu put on their boats. Their crap, well the actual light is, the poor mans mercury switch is pathetic and using an soft metal screw into a led base is just plain stupid.

I've gone through two lights so far, now as I said the flip over bit is great. I am searching for the brand name/manufacturer so I can see if the make a replacement light fitting.....

In Australia these lights complete cost $250 !!!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks for the reply, not sure if I made my point though. I have a 2008 VLX, my nav light in bow is a flip over model (Malibu) guard the brand name so as you cannot find it on the web :{ . A the guts/internals crap them selves and the small screw that holds the lens cap down snapped off on my currant one and a previous light.

Since I posted this I have found a solution. Tear out the guts of the light all together while retaining the lens cover and steel flip over light mount. Then simple install a Led light (ones which are found in your cup holders or brighter) , drill a hole into the steel mount to tap and screw into so you can fasten the lens back on .

You wouldn't know the difference if I hadn't told you :)

Hey thanks for the reply, not sure if I made my point though. I have a 2008 VLX, my nav light in bow is a flip over model (Malibu) guard the brand name so as you cannot find it on the web :{ . A the guts/internals crap them selves and the small screw that holds the lens cap down snapped off on my currant one and a previous light.

Since I posted this I have found a solution. Tear out the guts of the light all together while retaining the lens cover and steel flip over light mount. Then simple install a Led light (ones which are found in your cup holders or brighter) , drill a hole into the steel mount to tap and screw into so you can fasten the lens back on .

You wouldn't know the difference if I hadn't told you :)

Isnt that more of less what Ndawg said..replace the buld while keeping everything else?