Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Black waterski rack??

malibubarefoot

Hey guys, I need a waterski rack to replace a wakeboard rack on my illusion x tower and would like to get a black one to match everything else on the tower. Is there any companies you guys know of that make black waterski racks for illusion x towers?

Hey guys, I need a waterski rack to replace a wakeboard rack on my illusion x tower and would like to get a black one to match everything else on the tower. Is there any companies you guys know of that make black waterski racks for illusion x towers?

Coat a polished one? :unsure:

let me know if you find a cheap way to coat a polished one. I called places around here that coat and dip stuff and they said it would be $300+ just in supplies so they have enough liquid pvc to full submerge it in.

star one has started selling just forks that have been dipped. I know they have surf and wake forks, not sure about ski.

Are you looking for the entire thing to be black (including the forks) or would something like the metcraft waterski rack work? if the one pictured below will work you might try this web site

http://www.metcraftent.com/racks1.html

post-1563-015612600 1294672627_thumb.gif

I know metcraft went out of business, but this website still looks active so it might be worth a shot to give them a call

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

I've been trying to contact company and the website developer for almost a year now and I've heard back from anyone. I want the stationary waterski rack in white. If anyone knows anything different, please let us know.

You could always have the Rack Powder Coated. We machine our Racks and then Grain the bases but if a customer wants it colored we just send it to our local Powder Coater.

let me know if you find a cheap way to coat a polished one. I called places around here that coat and dip stuff and they said it would be $300+ just in supplies so they have enough liquid pvc to full submerge it in.

star one has started selling just forks that have been dipped. I know they have surf and wake forks, not sure about ski.

Might be able to tape it off and poor the stuff on but dont know how it would look. iirc the stuff is avaliable at your local big box home imporvement store. You could also tape it off and dip individual pices, I know my board racks come apart. Powerder coating is also a choice but you wont get the built in padding you would with the pvc.

Hope this helps $300 to coat is rediculous.

I would go Luke's route. Powder coat the whole rack and then have the forks dipped in black PVC, or buy one with rubber inserts and then just leave the fingers with the powder coat finish.

This one from Menace Watersports has rubber inserts and could be totally power coated. I think it would look pretty sick. Power coating would hold up better and look great. It is also WAY cheaper than $300 to coat a rack!

wow $300 bucks for dipping! no thanks! Yea i tried metcraft but they didnt reply so it looks like they might not be taking orders anymore. I might just have to bite the bullet and get a chrome rack. I guess it will match the windscreen rail and rub rail. Then when the funds start to get back into the positive range, look at a dual wakeboard with surf rack aswell :) It is a shame no companies make black racks though .........

The other thing I was thinking of if you don't want to Powder Coat the rack you could always get it Anodized Black. It will hold up and be stronger then Powdercoating the Rack and still be black.