Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

IIllusion XS tension adjustment

old skool malibu

The Illusion XS tower is attached to a cable and spring that will assist in lowering the tower. I know this system is not great and the new G3 strut assist system is far superior. I do however believe that you can adjust the spring tension bt tightening the screw - see attached picture. I beleive you can gain access to the adjustment screw through the rear lockers. Anyone made this type of adjustment..did it work?

post-4887-021230200 1294547420_thumb.jpg

You are correct. You can ajust it by tightening that nut. From my expierience on my own , you may get a few turns out of it, but not much. I tried and it didn't really make much of a difference. I think it will just depend on how tight they were initially set.