Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 Extreme Trailer Rust

l1spoogy

All,

Just wanted to drop a little info for all of you with 05 extreme trailers in Northern Cali that may be having rust issues under the diamond plate. Extreme trailers will be up in Vacaville December 5th thru the 9th to address the problem and correct it. If you are having this problem and have not talked to Ultimate Watersports in Vacaville give them a call so you can get this taken care of.

;)

Same problem here. My plates haven't flown off, but lots of pesky rust. I'll call Paradise and get them to resolve this during the off-season.

On an unrelated note, has anyone had their fenders coated with Line-X or Rhino lining? The road to the river is laden with small rocks and I've already got a ton of chips on the fender. Couple that with having to constantly yell at the kids not to step on fenders, you've got me looking for a better solution.

I'm going to talk to the Extreme guys at the LA boat show and look at getting their grip tape piece's for those areas and change out the plates. The plates look better, but the rust isn't worth it.

I just had Extreme up in the Bay Area last week fixing my trailer. They took all of the tread plates off, sanded the trailer where the rust was, re-painted and attached new tread plates.

Extreme's service is excellent, I am very impressed with their service. I am not sure why they continue to attach the tread plates with adhesive tape.