Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac (1100lb)

Patrice Forest

Does the Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac (1100lb) fit well in 07' VLX?

We have a very nice wake on the goofy side with 750lb ballace + 400lb stock in rear locker (also have 500lb center and 320lb in the bow)

Regular foot is so so with same setup. Just wondering if we use 1100lb bag instead of 750lb if the wake would be better. But does the 100lb bag fit in 07' VLX?

Thanks

Does the Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac (1100lb) fit well in 07' VLX?

We have a very nice wake on the goofy side with 750lb ballace + 400lb stock in rear locker (also have 500lb center and 320lb in the bow)

Regular foot is so so with same setup. Just wondering if we use 1100lb bag instead of 750lb if the wake would be better. But does the 100lb bag fit in 07' VLX?

Thanks

The 1100 sac fits well in the 07vlx, liljohn on here has them in his boat. Just make sure you re-inforce the engine divider wall or watch it blow out.

What he said.. the 1100 fits very well. It will definitely improve your surf wave. If you plumb it in just remember to flip flop your lines. meaning run your regular side lines over to the goofy side and vise versa. this will eliminate the siphoning effects. If you have any other quehtions let me know.

What he said.. the 1100 fits very well. It will definitely improve your surf wave. If you plumb it in just remember to flip flop your lines. meaning run your regular side lines over to the goofy side and vise versa. this will eliminate the siphoning effects. If you have any other quehtions let me know.

siphoning effects?

The 1100 sac fits well in the 07vlx, liljohn on here has them in his boat. Just make sure you re-inforce the engine divider wall or watch it blow out.

What should I do to re-inforce it?

Thanks

Something like this. It's worked well for me.

P3051126.jpg

P3051127.jpg

P3051129.jpg

P3051130.jpg

nice set up 06. I was thinking of adding this to my winter projects. It looks like you have 3 lines, I assume one is a vent or 2 fill lines? Do you Y the vent line into your drain line? I was also noticing the clamps you used to attach the quick connects to the hose...where did you pick those up?

Edited by old skool malibu

nice set up 06. I was thinking of adding this to my winter projects. It looks like you have 3 lines, I assume one is a vent or 2 fill lines? Do you Y the vent line into your drain line? I was also noticing the clamps you used to attach the quick connects to the hose...where did you pick those up?

That is the big custom sac, it as 3 fill lines and 2 drain lines plumbed into it. It has 1 vent line. I got all the hose and quick connects at Bakes. The clamps themselves are regular hose clamps wrapped in electrical tape.

Edited by 06vlx

That is the big custom sac, it as 3 fill lines and 2 drain lines plumbed into it. It has 1 vent line. I got all the hose and quick connects at Bakes. The clamps themselves are regular hose clamps wrapped in electrical tape.

I didn't do a vent line on this set up. Not sure I really need it however. Did you run your vent into your drain line with a Y connector?

I didn't do a vent line on this set up. Not sure I really need it however. Did you run your vent into your drain line with a Y connector? I ordered some quick connects from Paul as well, should be showing up shorty. I didnt realize it was just electric tape.. I went with duct tape on my set up but electrical looks cleaner!

I didn't do a vent line on this set up. Not sure I really need it however. Did you run your vent into your drain line with a Y connector?

Yup, I will be moving all my lines to the other side of the boat this winter. I have some siphoning going on with my bag.

Yup, I will be moving all my lines to the other side of the boat this winter. I have some siphoning going on with my bag.

Can you let me know the lengths of tubing you end up with when you are done? I am gone to plumb my sacs in this spring and would love to not have to measure and keep my fingers crossed that the lengths work.

With the 1100 you will also need to run the steel tubing on the floor of your boat behind and along the track the wall plate fits into.

That's a pretty good idea, it will keep the wall from blowing out of the track if you don't run your tubing down far enough. I haven't really had the problem on mine but I see how it could happen.

With the 1100 you will also need to run the steel tubing on the floor of your boat behind and along the track the wall plate fits into.

Any picks Stanley?

Any picks Stanley?

let me see if i can run over to the hangar and grab a pick for you. not sure if i can today.

simply put, Big Jay used the same tubing in 06VLX's pics. He ran that same tubing on the engine side of the track the panel fits in. The tubing is the same length as the track. he used some good screws to hold it down. works like a champ.

let me see if i can run over to the hangar and grab a pick for you. not sure if i can today.

simply put, Big Jay used the same tubing in 06VLX's pics. He ran that same tubing on the engine side of the track the panel fits in. The tubing is the same length as the track. he used some good screws to hold it down. works like a champ.

Cool thanks. I was going to run the same tubing as 06 but woud like to see how you ran it along the bottom. Not sure I need it with my 750's but if it will only take a couple more minutes to install why not!

siphoning effects?

The bag will want to drain it-self if you do not run all the lines to the high side of the boat and loop them. Learn from my experience I have re-plumbed my system 3 times. 1st time 750# bag on y valve worked well.

2nd time swapped 750# for 1100# and added dedicated pumps and switches while Maintaining y valve for faster fill time. 3rd time re-ran all drain lines to loose the siphoning (self draining) effects and keeping the bag full from the time I turn the switch off. I have done more than my share of research and have Finlay got it dialed in and all working from the drivers seat. you will probably want to add the Supra gravity games 400# bag under the seats for the regular side it will make a difference.

The bag will want to drain it-self if you do not run all the lines to the high side of the boat and loop them. Learn from my experience I have re-plumbed my system 3 times. 1st time 750# bag on y valve worked well.

2nd time swapped 750# for 1100# and added dedicated pumps and switches while Maintaining y valve for faster fill time. 3rd time re-ran all drain lines to loose the siphoning (self draining) effects and keeping the bag full from the time I turn the switch off. I have done more than my share of research and have Finlay got it dialed in and all working from the drivers seat. you will probably want to add the Supra gravity games 400# bag under the seats for the regular side it will make a difference.

Are you using aerator style pumps or the Jabsco Impeller style? When the shop pumpbed in my sacks I asked they to cross up the drain lines but they did not however I dont think I have any issues as the drain is still a fair bit higher than the 750's.

Are you using aerator style pumps or the Jabsco Impeller style? When the shop pumpbed in my sacks I asked they to cross up the drain lines but they did not however I dont think I have any issues as the drain is still a fair bit higher than the 750's.

I am using the stock pumps. I tried to keep everything looking factory. The 750# bag was not an issue but the 1100# bag is. It is well above the drain lines, You will need to remove the little storage pocket on the back of the hatch and the bag will fill nice and plump and touch the bottom of the hatch.

I just ordered two 1100's with the piggyback kits from wakemakers, anyone know if they take this syphoning issue into account with their kits?

• 3 weeks later...