Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower lights

pawter1970

just ordered 2 tower lights for my 06 VLX and was wondering if ALL the light holes are already wired for lights on the Illusion X tower. I am not sure where I will be placing them yet, either on the outside of the tower or inside under the bimini. I saw a light switch (docking) already on the dash so I am guessing this controls the tower lights or would I need to use one of the ACC switches? Sorry, don't have the boat in the driveway so thought I would ask. Thank you.

Fred

just ordered 2 tower lights for my 06 VLX and was wondering if ALL the light holes are already wired for lights on the Illusion X tower. I am not sure where I will be placing them yet, either on the outside of the tower or inside under the bimini. I saw a light switch (docking) already on the dash so I am guessing this controls the tower lights or would I need to use one of the ACC switches? Sorry, don't have the boat in the driveway so thought I would ask. Thank you.

Fred

You would want to wire it to one of the acc switches on the dash, you can get a new cover for it rocker switch for tower lights. If you didn't get HID lights you want to make sure you wire the lights with Relays.

Are the extra not used switches on the dash of an 06 already set up with a relay or would one need to be added for wiring new accessories?

No they aren't but the switch is good for about 10 amps but just one set of non HID lights will hit that easily.

Fred

Now that you are going to be running juice through them, you might want to enclose the wires in a plastic wire loom and wrap it up with electrical tape where the tower hinges.

ok, thanks guys.....the lights I have ordered are HID. I hope wires are in the right side so it's easier to wire to the panel, pretty sure I can wire to the docking light switch.

ok, thanks guys.....the lights I have ordered are HID. I hope wires are in the right side so it's easier to wire to the panel, pretty sure I can wire to the docking light switch.

If the docking lights are wired directly to the switch the addition of the tower lights to that switch could cause an overload of that switch and keep poping the breaker. If you wired directly to an ACC switch you wouldn't have a problem with HID lights.

Dang!! tower is not wired for lights...only for the speakers. I have a docking light switch but the boat doesn't have docking lights (front Hull). any suggestions for wiring the tower lights?

Dang!! tower is not wired for lights...only for the speakers. I have a docking light switch but the boat doesn't have docking lights (front Hull). any suggestions for wiring the tower lights?

Read post #11.

BUMMER :Doh:

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for late response, i was away on vacation......

The tower does have wiring for 2 sets of speakers so 4 wires on each sides, I will be instaling only one set of speakers so I am guessing I will be using the other set of wires for the lights.

The lights I received are from Star One, looks pretty easy to install but didn't get any instructions with the order. Does anyone have any pics and I am planning on using the lights for evening surfing so I am hoping 2 lights on the side back facing will be enough....any thoughts.