Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Barefoot Boom

macca

Hi, I live in Australia and am going to purchase a barefoot boom very soon. I have read through the site and see that BFI, ECI and Beeman all get good reviews. Noting I have a 2007 Response Lxi, which of these booms would be best suit me?

Many thanks

Jason

fwiw- BFI would be my preference - I liked the boom extension as it had a narrower grip which made it easier for the little ones to hang on - BFI also had adequate protection for the sides of the boat. I have no experience with ECI and they could be equally good - downside of the BFI - the mounting bracket to the pylon was a bit obtrusive. if it were me I would shop the best deal and the best fit. the lake where I go also has a Response and they have a BFI for footing and training purposes - it's taken quite a beating and has held up quite good.