Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Ski Schools in Florida

Chaabo

Are there any recommendations on Water Ski Schools in Florida?

For our 10th wedding anniversary in February next year, me and my wife are planning to visit a ski school and improve our slalom style a little. :)

We are no rookies, but far from the very experienced skiers. We do ski occasionally since more than 10 years now, but we never had the chance to ski a course.

Since we bought our bu in 2004, we both improved a lot and do free slalom now with 15 off @ 32/34 mph. We ski double bindings and feel very comfortable and stable on the O'Brien Siege. But we feel that we now have reached a point that makes some professional training inevitable to make further success.

Any tips, infos or reviews are highly appreciated!

Thank you all!

we worked w chip at PalmBeachWatersports in february of this year.

it was my first ski lesson. my cronies have been down a few times. they have also been to other ski schools and rate this one well.

located at the palm beach hilton. february it was cold so it worked swell to jump out of the pond into the hot tub.

the 'new' boat was in the shop so we got to play behind a response that was really nasty. old, beat, broken swim platform. chip worked us into the schedule when they were not normally open.

i'm convinced that my new pb (28'@34mph) is the result of chips gates.

Drew Ross is just outside the employee gates at Disney, I'm told he is a great coach and I've seen several of his videos and they are good. Chet is just South in Boca Raton and he is the best coach out there today. That's where I would go for any coaching. Wade Cox also coaches somewhere in Orlando.

Drew Ross is just outside the employee gates at Disney, I'm told he is a great coach and I've seen several of his videos and they are good.  Chet is just South in Boca Raton and he is the best coach out there today.  That's where I would go for any coaching.  Wade Cox also coaches somewhere in Orlando.

Hey thanks for the replies so far!

Honestly, I feel a bit insecure that it would be kind of an overkill (for us) to have pros like Drew Ross, Wade Cox, or Sammy Duvall to teach us. Even if that would be a cool thing, I mean, Hey we even have to learn how to ski the course! Wouldn't theses guys think OMG what the hell do these stupid folks in my place??

Drew Ross is just outside the employee gates at Disney, I'm told he is a great coach and I've seen several of his videos and they are good.  Chet is just South in Boca Raton and he is the best coach out there today.  That's where I would go for any coaching.  Wade Cox also coaches somewhere in Orlando.

Honestly, I feel a bit insecure that it would be kind of an overkill (for us) to have pros like Drew Ross, Wade Cox, or Sammy Duvall to teach us. Even if that would be a cool thing, I mean, Hey we even have to learn how to ski the course! Wouldn't theses guys think OMG what the hell do these stupid folks in my place??

You shouldn't feel insecure at all. I think that is how some of these guys "support the habit" in the off season. Seriously, it is a really cool part of our sport to be able to ski with the pros. Lucky Lowe taught my son to do his first inverted trick on his wakeboard at his place near Lakeland. I spent a great day at his home site, met his family, skied hard and learned a few things.

Chet will not only teach you about slalom but he is great at making you feel like you are the best skier in the world. Seriously, teaching guys like us is how they pay for their skiing, it's a business to them. Don't be confused about that, they will act like your best friend but they are there because folks like us pay them to be there. Whether you are running 39.5 or 28mph, the money is still green.

I just got back from three days at Drew's school. Do not be insecure at all. I am not a good skier at all in fact you are far better than I am. But NONE of that matters. Drew was one of the most positive and nicest guys I have ever meet. I am sure other people have had great experiences at the other spots but Drew far exceeded my expectations. I can not recommend Drew Ross high enough!

Kelly

Edited by Kellyb