Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

another expencive day on the lake

keegan

so i took my 02' 23 LSV out yesterday for a first of the year ride. it was a beautiful sunny day. the air was 41 F and the water was 40 F. a little cold, but a lot of fun.

when i was putting the boat into the water i was at a new launch and i couldn't see anything. i backed the boat into a post and the ball of concrete broke off the wedge. one arm is broken and the other is badly bent.

my question is can i buy the arms only?

thanks again crew.

Sounds like you got lucky.

Arms aren't available separately but, they do turn up here on this site from time to time.

You could look to buy a used wedge set up.

Bummer news!!! Malibu will sell the foil (aluminum wing) but they won't sell the arms separate unfortunately. They use to do repairs out of Merced so that might be worth looking into, drop me a e-mail or PM and i can check on that to see if its something still possible or not.

-Paul

It's the new year gods telling you it's time for a floater, I mean floating wedgie,.. you know, the new and improved one.

I may have a floater forsale in 6 weeks or so I'm waiting for a quote from Bakes on a power wedge install. The floating wedge would be like new with 47hrs on it. If it is of interest drop me a PM and when I have more info I can let you know.

Respectfullly -Cam

yes i may have gotten lucky. i wasnt moving fast at all though. there was no fiberglass damage. i hit the freshly refinished teak swim grid, but i was able to fix that with out too much trouble.

martinarcher

yes i may have gotten lucky. i wasnt moving fast at all though. there was no fiberglass damage. i hit the freshly refinished teak swim grid, but i was able to fix that with out too much trouble.

No doubt! Sounds like the wedge might have saved the rudder and prop too.