Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center bag dimensions 04 dd wakesetter

REW

Does anybody know the dimensions of the factory center bag on an 04 DD wakesetter? and is it possible to get a larger bag in the center locker? I know the factory bag is about 500lbs I measured the length of the locker at 84" (as far as the tape measure would go) WakeMakers has an 88" bag that goes in the locker of other brands of boats and tip the scales at 1150, just wondering if I can get something similar in the locker.

Thanks

REW

Rew,

Don't waste your time and money with a huge sac. You are very limited as to the volume that is actually in that locker.

Read this.

Thanks Pete that is the kind of information I was looking for.

Yup,

A lot of people get wide-eyed about how big of a sack they can put in there. It happened to me and Wakegirl. We both purchased a 1000# sac but, the truth is, there is only about 350# of volume in the ski locker. Did you read where I twice emptied my 1000# fat sack and counted how many gallons I got out of it?

Yup,

A lot of people get wide-eyed about how big of a sack they can put in there. It happened to me and Wakegirl. We both purchased a 1000# sac but, the truth is, there is only about 350# of volume in the ski locker. Did you read where I twice emptied my 1000# fat sack and counted how many gallons I got out of it?

Missed that, I am pricing a custom bag to go under the rear seat. should hold about 350#. Just looking for some other ideas on ballast other than having to trip over the bag on the floor.

You probably don't need custom.

Take a look at the dimensions of the "tube sac" and "rear seat sac" here.

The tube sac fits in the ski locker very nicely. The rear seat sac does too and holds a little more water. It's a little harder to get the rear seat sac in, out, and laid down properly. (my current sac)

i use the rear seat sac, and yes its harder to get layed and lined up nice, but it fills the space well, as it can go wide within the locker. and im sure mine holds more that the tube sac

Thanks for the input guys. right now I am thinking of adding a 300# under the rear seat, probably only get about 250 in it though. I as also considering adding the same bag in the trunk but the trunk is not stressed for anything over 75#. Bit of an issue there.

REW