Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Pump ???

bnew03xti

I have a questoin about the Pierburg Purolater MPI fuel pump that comes standard on the 2003 Monsoon 5.7L motor.

Does anyone have or know where to find specs on this pump? Example: What the LPH and operating PSI is?

The reason I'm asking is that I found an inline pump made by Bosch that is rated at 300 LPH and has an operating PSI of 72.5; if I could use this pump that would save me half of the $$ then using the Pierburg.

Thanks,

:werule:

I have a questoin about the Pierburg Purolater MPI fuel pump that comes standard on the 2003 Monsoon 5.7L motor.

Does anyone have or know where to find specs on this pump? Example: What the LPH and operating PSI is?

The reason I'm asking is that I found an in-line pump made by Bosch that is rated at 300 LPH and has an operating PSI of 72.5; if I could use this pump that would save me half of the $$ then using the Pierburg.

Thanks,

:werule:

Not sure what the LPH is but i know the fuel pressure is regulated to 60PSI (by the fuel regulator on the fuel rail)

Be careful changing fuel system parts with something that isn't stock for a few reasons. Is the Bosch fuel pump SAEJ1171 stamp approved? (this is the coast guard certification that it is safe to use in a enclosed marine environment) Second which I'm more concerned about is changing something that the engine ECM is tuned for. Indmar's ECM's are not programmable so if you go through all the trouble to do the Bosch pump and the boat runs really bad, now your out the time and money for a the Bosch and the Pierburg.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Thanks for the info,

So that's why the pumps are over $300 everywhere you look....I found a Pierburg pump on ebay for $149.99 that looks exactly like the pump you have listed, I need to check the markings.

Thanks for the info,

So that's why the pumps are over $300 everywhere you look....I found a Pierburg pump on ebay for $149.99 that looks exactly like the pump you have listed, I need to check the markings.

Correct, Marine fuel pumps are very specific given the nature how and where our fuel systems work.

That's a great deal especially if its new and if its the same pump since it's well below what I pay for them.

-Paul