Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

keyless ignition

wheat

Has anyome fitted a keyless ignition system to a 09 vlx with 350 monsoon engine ?

can you assist with this

I put one in my 2009 VLX with a hammerhead, but the engine doesn't matter. As long as you have the brackets it is plug and play. I heard stories of these things failing so I still carry my keyed ignition with me just in case, but used it for a year with no problems so far. What questions do you have about it?

Terry

That's less then I thought. Is that a dealer only part I would assume

Yes, it's a dealer item. I got mine through Paul at bakes marine. Here are the parts that I received:

(Ignition Switch, Keyless, '09)

(Harness, Keyless Ignition Switch)

(Terminal, Keyless Ignition '09)

(Mounting Plate, Keyless Ignition, 2" x 8 1/2")

(Bezel, Keyless Ignition Switch, Chrome Billet)

I did not need the harness or the terminal.

Terry

I put one in my 2009 VLX with a hammerhead, but the engine doesn't matter. As long as you have the brackets it is plug and play. I heard stories of these things failing so I still carry my keyed ignition with me just in case, but used it for a year with no problems so far. What questions do you have about it?

Terry

I have all the hardware sent to me from the US , the sysyem has just got wire from the back of the pad with no connector on the end.

Do i have to put a plug on the end of the wire to go into where the old igintion switch was or is there another plug or socket to be used ?

Could you please assist .

Yes, it's a dealer item. I got mine through Paul at bakes marine. Here are the parts that I received:

Terry

was there a harness on the boat the pluged into the rear of the ignition pad ?

On my boat, if you unplugged the keyed Ignition that plug would plug right into the back of the keyless module. Can you post a picture of what you have?

Terry

On my boat, if you unplugged the keyed Ignition that plug would plug right into the back of the keyless module. Can you post a picture of what you have?

Terry

Could i have your email address i spent over a half an hour under the dash today and it is 30deg C . here today .

My ignition key is wired into the harness , No plugs i would like to take some photo and email them to you.

I got my boat from the US brand new ,

Thanks for the reply

Peter.

Edited by wheat

Could i have your email address i spent over a half an hour under the dash today and it is 30deg C . here today .

My ignition key is wired into the harness , No plugs i would like to take some photo and email them to you.

I got my boat from the US brand new ,

Thanks for the reply

Peter.

Sent you a pm.

• 5 months later...

Terry

Water_Junky just a quick question.

I also just bought the keyless ignition from Paul with the same parts as you describe. I'm going to install it in my 2010 VLX, it looks like the factory plug from the keyed ignition will plug right in to the keyless. But the Harness that I got from Paul has more wires in it compared to the one that is already wired in under the dash...was yours the same?

• 3 years later...

Any chance one of your that replaced your keyed ignition have the insert from it. I have removed my stereo and need to fill in the hole on the left side.

I might, I'll have to look for it.

Thank you but now that i had some time I was able to put together a really nice looking backer plate with the switches so no need. Thanks again for your response.