Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whats a good looking mirror for G3 Tower......Can we say

Wakesetter67

Can we say Merry Christmas....My wife got me a gift card from my local dealer, so decision.....decision,I was thinking of a new mirror that attaches to my G3 tower, Any suggestions, Also looking for a good Anchor....

Edited by Wakesetter67

The ONLY anchor worth buying is gonna be a Box Anchor. The small size will be more than enough for your boat and they work great in all the local lakes and rivers. Get yourself a sand spike also if you can swing it. As far as tower mirrors go, look at Samson Sports. I dunno if they have anything for the G3 out yet, but the options they had for the X and XS were the about the best you can find. Give Scott a call over there 866-788-WAKE . They usually do a good job for the local guys.

Like Baws said, if you want a good anchor, box anchor is the only answer.

Yes, you sure can use it with an anchor buddy. The only thing that's different about a box anchor is the shape. The other thing that's pretty neat is the fact that it folds flat. Don't forget that when you use an anchor buddy, you're supposed to run an anchor line along side it to retrieve the anchor.

Check this out.

Like Baws said, if you want a good anchor, box anchor is the only answer.

Yes, you sure can use it with an anchor buddy. The only thing that's different about a box anchor is the shape. The other thing that's pretty neat is the fact that it folds flat. Don't forget that when you use an anchor buddy, you're supposed to run an anchor line along side it to retrieve the anchor.

Check this out.

Thanks I did not know that, I have always pulled it up by the strech anchor buddy. What would be the reason you should not pull it up with the anchor buddy?

Well, you can if you want but, it seems to me that you're really stressing the bungee of the anchor buddy by using only it to pull the anchor up. Plus, these box anchors are pretty heavy. Last time I used mine, it was caught pretty good on the bottom, I almost couldn't retrieve it. I literally had to hook the anchor line to the ski pylon and use the boat motor to retrieve it. It was a real stressful 20 mins. of trying to get the anchor off the bottom. I was actually starting to think about cutting the line.

These anchors are pretty expensive, I'd hate to have to leave mine at the bottom because my anchor buddy bungee broke. If you run the anchor line in parallel, like I said in the link, you've got a fighting chance at getting it up. But, if you're only using the anchor buddy to beach just off shore on a relatively shallow, sloped, area then I guess you wouldn't need the anchor line back-up. I'm always setting anchor in deep water.

That makes sense. I looked them up on line and sounds like the perfect one. Last year camping labor day the wind kicked up a few times and more then once I had to jump in....with dry undies.....and reset the anchor...real pain . So it looks like im going shopping....checked out the new samson G3 mirror looks awesome but hard to justify 438.00 for that right now...that could be another wakesurf board.....

The Samson Illusion mirror was much less (325.00 Illusion XS) when you could buy one direct from Samson. Now with the Illusion G3, you can only get it through a Malibu dealer (485.00). When I complained to Samson, they told me the G3 mirror costs more than the last mirror I bought from them (Illusion XS) because of the wrinkle finish. They did not explain why it is now a dealer only item. They say wrinkle finish, I say dealer mark up. Either way, it is what it is. Bakes 425.00 is the lowest price I have seen. For new boat buyers, your best bet is to negotiate the cost of the mirror into the price when you buy your boat.

About the mirror..............just like every Samson product I have seen, the quality of this entire assembly is unmatched. Engineering, hardware, fit and finish are second to none. The finish is an exact match to the G3. Nothing else I looked at comes close. In fact, no one else ( I am aware of) makes a mirror that is the right length and curve radius for the G3. When I remove the mirror for towing, (Takes 15 seconds) the boat looks naked and all wrong. When in place, the Samson mirror looks straight up badass The three piece mirror gives a good view behind the boat, but falls short of tracking a rider in the flats. If I have boards in the racks, I can't see the flats at all. I am going to see if I can remedy the problem by adding two clip on mirrors. If that works, I will go with a one piece mirror for the Samson. Or maybe a tower camera is the answer. We'll see.

That is a great looking mirror.....I guess for me right now I could spend 400.00 plus on other things I need more. Im definitely going to get the box anchor....

That looks like best one out there and it may be a little spendy but a secure boat is worth it...

They did not explain why it is now a dealer only item. They say wrinkle finish, I say dealer mark up. Either way, it is what it is. Bakes 425.00 is the lowest price I have seen. For new boat buyers, your best bet is to negotiate the cost of the mirror into the price when you buy your boat.

Samson made a deal with Malibu to make the tower mirror OEM for Malibu Boats. Part of that deal included that Samson could only sell the G3 tower mirror direct to Malibu and not direct to dealers any longer.

Cost increase comes from the crinkle finish & the G3 mirror has allot more material.

Hope this helps understand the changes better

-Paul