Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 VLX V-drive

02RedWS6TA

I did the winterizing on my boat a month or so ago but couldn't find any place to drain the V-drive (at least not the same as my old MC205V). I pulled the drains on the block, drained the manifolds, took the water pump cover off, and pulled the line off the little canister looking thing on the back side of the motor (I think it was a little canister looking thing that I drained the MC205V's v-drive).

I pulled the rear seat and see that there are two water lines coming off the v-drive and was wondering if I needed to pull one of those?

If I need to do something else does anyone have a picture for me? I searched on here but the only thing I can find is the amended winterizing write up on doing the shower/heater.

Any help would be great. My shop doesn't usually go below freezing but it's better safe than sorry.

Thanks.

I did the winterizing on my boat a month or so ago but couldn't find any place to drain the V-drive (at least not the same as my old MC205V). I pulled the drains on the block, drained the manifolds, took the water pump cover off, and pulled the line off the little canister looking thing on the back side of the motor (I think it was a little canister looking thing that I drained the MC205V's v-drive).

I pulled the rear seat and see that there are two water lines coming off the v-drive and was wondering if I needed to pull one of those?

If I need to do something else does anyone have a picture for me? I searched on here but the only thing I can find is the amended winterizing write up on doing the shower/heater.

Any help would be great. My shop doesn't usually go below freezing but it's better safe than sorry.

Thanks.

Right above the tranny/vdrive area you will see a hose with a screw connection. Unscrew that and a bunch of water will probably drain out. Try to do the heater while you are at it.

Thanks.

Yes pull one off the v-drive, usually the port side one is easier to pull.