Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Precision Pro Speed Control

knuthein

Does it work out or should we stick to pp. Anybody used it already?

Can you adjust it like pp or is it calibrating by itself. How does it work out with different ballast situations. We never had a chance to use it so we are somehow afraid to buy something which is brand new.

in short, it's pretty good but...

-Won't let you Cruise at Surfing speeds like PP

-It has in some odd situatuons been confused. I think i had one time where it wouldn't let me give it more throttle for a turn until way late into it. I tried it again and xouldn't duplicate it

IMHO, if you haven't ever had Perfect Pass before the system is fine, if you had It's still good, but I might think twice about the paying $1000 upcharge for PP

I had to "trick" my system into cruising at 10. we set it at 12, where it would engage, then slow it down afterward.

But it wouldn't under normal means engage under 10mph.

keep in mind I've been using an early model, that might have already been addressed.

Our dealer let us us one (247) for the day at the WSA party in Sept. Best I remember we were surfing at 11 mph and had no problems. I really did like the new speed control vs. PP on my current boat. I'm sure you have had much more time with it than we did during that few hours we had it so your history with it is more than ours was.

when I was out on a test drive on a rlxi I was wakesurfing behind it at like 8-10 with no problem on the cruise control, so I belive it has been fixed.