Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake restrictions

obski

I saw on the Bridge City website that they are working with Malibu to design a Wakesetter VLX that will meet restrictions on a local private lake (Lake Oswego). This is an interesting approach to what may become a growing problem. There has been talk of restrictions coming to the Willamette, so maybe they will have to design a Willamette Wakesetter.

So what changes did they make?...  or is it just going to have some cool badging? "special edition"... ? Crazy.gif

I'm not sure what the changes are exactly, but I am assuming it has to do with wake restrictions on the lake. I'll e-mail them and ask.

if they would restrict to slalom skiers only, they wouldn't have a wake problem, or a noise problem from all them loud speakers hangin' on that roll bar lookin' thing, and we keep our shorts pulled up proper. Crazy.gif

if they would restrict to slalom skiers only, they wouldn't have a wake problem, or a noise problem from all them loud speakers hangin' on that roll bar lookin' thing, and we keep our shorts pulled up proper. Crazy.gif

Just how high do you keep your shorts pulled up?

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

There are lakes around here that specify "No wake enhancement devices" along with a 21 ft limit.

That's another thing they wouldn't have to worry about: slalom skiers don't need any kind of 'enhancement device'! Biggrin.gif

The best quote of the year!

I would like to see a length limit on our local lake. It is not very big and we get people hauling their 25' big water boats to the lake to pull tubers. That is as long as the length limit is 21'8".

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

There are lakes around here that specify "No wake enhancement devices" along with a 21 ft limit.

That's another thing they wouldn't have to worry about: slalom skiers don't need any kind of 'enhancement device'! Biggrin.gif

For skiing anyway, that we know of.

ROFL.gif

Maybe all those old Response's and Sportster's and Echelon's and Skier's without wedges and fatsacks and towers will increase in value now! What goes around, comes around.

So.... that Boat Model and Boat Year polls taken a while back may come in use pretty soon.... for those looking for low wake, lighter and shorter skiboats.

As for music.... when I ski, the only sound I want to hear is the rush of wind past my head, and that throughty exhaust.

Frankly, I also think forcing the rest of the lake to listen to your 300 watts of tunes is presumptuous, selfish, and rude..... and 3' rollers are quite damaging to the surrounding shoreline and any boats moored to docks.

Can you tell I'm a skier and haven't ventured to the dark side!

Frankly, I also think forcing the rest of the lake to listen to your 300 watts of tunes is presumptuous, selfish, and rude.....

I agree, if they are cranking a bunch of tower speakers with only 300 watts, there's got to be a ton of distortion, and that is very rude!