Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ronix One vs. Ronix DVH2

TrickyNicky

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a Ronix One 138 for a while now. No real rush as the snow has set down and the mountains(or hills Cry.gif) are calling. But seeing as christmas is coming I took the liberty of checking out the local shop.

I received an email with the following info:

ronix bds

DHV2 138 475$

PBV2 139 475$

09 one 134 350$

08 frontier 137 $250

07 covin 137 270$

OB BOARD OPTIONS

2010 DECADE 139 350$

NATURAL 139 300$

PLAYER 138 275$

hyperlite bds

2010 136 Premier Wakeboard-BWF 310$

09 b-side 136 300$

09 era 137 300$

I can pick up a 2010 maybe even 2011 Ronix One from any US site for $420, But I have to get it shipped here etc. I had never heard of the DHV2 but I did a little research and it certainly seems like a good board, and it seems like I'm getting a reasonable deal.

I currently ride a Hyperlite State 135 and I will be keeping my next board for a while (5+ yrs). I'm 165 lbs. Let me know what you guys think of getting the 2009 DVH2 vs a 2010/11 One.

If you guys notice anything else in the email worth looking at, please let me know.

Sorry about the blabbing, it's been a while and I've been missing the crew.

Back to Exams...

Tricky

Edited by TrickyNicky

look at this thread in regaurds to the Ronix One. Ronix One board

I too have been riding a Hyperlite State for the last few years and I was looking for a new board.

I just bought the '09 142 RonixOne a few weeks back for $US 259.00, they also had a 2010 model for $US 315.00.

I have not had a chance to ride this board yet, I can't wait for next season!

good luck

-j

thats a tough call - i would recommend holding off until you can try them both out in a demo situation - since you're planning on keeeping it for a while it would be a waste to buy a board and not like it for 5 years..

personally I've ridden the one and liked it - but not enough to dump my SS response

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a Ronix One 138 for a while now. No real rush as the snow has set down and the mountains(or hills Cry.gif) are calling. But seeing as christmas is coming I took the liberty of checking out the local shop.

I received an email with the following info:

I can pick up a 2010 maybe even 2011 Ronix One from any US site for $420, But I have to get it shipped here etc. I had never heard of the DHV2 but I did a little research and it certainly seems like a good board, and it seems like I'm getting a reasonable deal.

I currently ride a Hyperlite State 135 and I will be keeping my next board for a while (5+ yrs). I'm 165 lbs. Let me know what you guys think of getting the 2009 DVH2 vs a 2010/11 One.

If you guys notice anything else in the email worth looking at, please let me know.

Sorry about the blabbing, it's been a while and I've been missing the crew.

Back to Exams...

Tricky

Hey man I was wondering if you could tell me the name of your local shop you went to or if you could give me the number/email for there that would be even better. I have been looking for one a dhv2 a long time and haven't been able to find one. If you could please help me out with this I would be extremely grateful as it is my favorite board. Maybe I could help you find a ronix one 138 that is in your price range. Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas to you all!

I agree that you need to try and ride whatever boards you are interested in. I am not real familiar with shipping cost to Canada but since are in no hurry to get the board, do extensive online shopping. I bought a 2010 Ronix Viva NIB in October for $200 (USD) online, it took me a while to find it at that price but I was persistent in looking daily for the best price possible. Good deals are out there if you are patient. As for board choice, sorry but I have no experience with the One or DVH2, although the Covin is Chad Sharpe's design before the Viva which is a fast and predictable board.

Edited by BorderBoarder

Hey man I was wondering if you could tell me the name of your local shop you went to or if you could give me the number/email for there that would be even better. I have been looking for one a dhv2 a long time and haven't been able to find one. If you could please help me out with this I would be extremely grateful as it is my favorite board. Maybe I could help you find a ronix one 138 that is in your price range. Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas to you all!

Hey Gator,

Dave is located out of Thunder Bay, ON. He runs a ski school/ski shop & is well known to our local ski club.

You can contact him at "dave at bullski dot ca"

Edited by TrickyNicky