Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat = New Gear

BlknYlwT22

Well with the purchase of our first wakeboard boat gonna have to buy some new gear to use it to the fullest. I have a friend that is hooking up with an employee discount through hyperlite. Bear in mind I am no waking boarding expert. I can get up and cut some and that's about the extent of it. At the same time I want stuff that my friends can use. These are the things I am thinking the Franchise 138 board, Team bindings for myself and open toe style for others, and Chamois Handle with x-line for pulling. Sound like a good plan? I the most unsure about the bindings. I'm not sure if i should just use the open toe bindings for myself or buy the separate boots. Let me know what you guys think of the selections.

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

I'd vote open toe. I've owned both, and like the closed toe more but not enough to own two sets. As you improve and want to step up your gear, then buy yourself a closed toe pair/new board, and let your friends use last years model. All else seems good, but you'd probably get away with a lot less expense if you went out and bought last years model. It will be considerably cheaper than any employee discount.

If it were up to me. I would have one board with one set of bindings. Changing bindings for other riders would be a pain. If you want a "boat board" for others to use, look for something cheap. If your friends like it enough, they will buy their own gear.

I share my board with anyone who wants to use it, but the bindings stay where I want!

Good luck and have lots of fun!

I'd vote open toe. I've owned both, and like the closed toe more but not enough to own two sets. As you improve and want to step up your gear, then buy yourself a closed toe pair/new board, and let your friends use last years model. All else seems good, but you'd probably get away with a lot less expense if you went out and bought last years model. It will be considerably cheaper than any employee discount.

Check out www.evo.com they usually have lots of close outs, especially this time of year, picked up two boards and two sets of binding for roughly 50% off retail. Last years models.

Check out www.evo.com they usually have lots of close outs, especially this time of year, picked up two boards and two sets of binding for roughly 50% off retail. Last years models.

Plus1.gif You can certainly save cash buying a board that is new, but a year or two old. It still looks and rides like a new one!

these are the prices in which i can get stuff.

Franchise 138 - Retail $400.00 / Discount $187.00

Team Bindings - Retail $350.00 / Discount $153.00

Open Toe - Retail $280.00 / Discount $124.00

Line - $130.00 / Discount $65.00

I dunno if these are good prices or not but I thought I'd post them. the prices are based off of hyperlite's site and the discount is based off of the one my buddy has hooked me up with. this deal also includes free shipping. As for the bindings it probably makes more sense to just buy the open toe until I see how into it I really get.

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

these are the prices in which i can get stuff.

Franchise 138 - Retail $400.00 / Discount $187.00

Team Bindings - Retail $350.00 / Discount $153.00

Open Toe - Retail $280.00 / Discount $124.00

Line - $130.00 / Discount $65.00

I dunno if these are good prices or not but I thought I'd post them. the prices are based off of hyperlite's site and the discount is based off of the one my buddy has hooked me up with. this deal also includes free shipping. As for the bindings it probably makes more sense to just buy the open toe until I see how into it I really get.

That has to be the best employee discount I have ever seen :crazy: . Check www.evo.com for the fun of it but if you can get about 50% on new gear from the factory that is really great. :clap:

That has to be the best employee discount I have ever seen :crazy: . Check www.evo.com for the fun of it but if you can get about 50% on new gear from the factory that is really great. :clap:

we have a pro wake boarder in our Ski/Wakeboard Club at school and he is hooking the whole club up. That's partially why im thinking of ordering two sets of bindings (he graduates this year) and then just pick up an older board for everyone else.