Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Supra?

stroker-ace

i have been doing a lot of shopping around and i am just stuck on a Malibu...can you blame me? if i see a smokin' deal on one of the others on my short list, i will pull the trigger. but i am gonna try to land another Bu.

i have been doing a lot of shopping around and i am just stuck on a Malibu...can you blame me? if i see a smokin' deal on one of the others on my short list, i will pull the trigger. but i am gonna try to land another Bu.

I thought you had a romantic night with your RLXI this summer and re-lit the flame, what happened? Is the wife winning the battle on wanting a v-drive?

I don't know much about the newer supra's since they were bought out or under in 94 I believe. But i had a 89 ts6m comp II it was a great boat for me! used the sh*t out of it for 5 years, great slalom, and barefoot boat! pulled up 12 adults and only tried 3 adults deep water bfing. Very light weight boat, that had some up and go. Had to let it go last year, bc of a growing family. still talk to the guy i sold it to and no problems. love our newer lxi

My previous boat was a 2000 Legacy (open bow Comp). Bought it new (price point) in early 2000, had it 8 years then sold it and bought my current '05 LXI. It was a very well built boat, good high quality vinyl and fit and finish and we had very few problems with it, almost none. Sold it to get the LXI (which is a very similar boat) because the LXI has more room, more comfortable seating, and a better slalom wake. I can't speak for the newer ones either, especially the wake boats (I'm a SKIER) but whoever said they're similar to a Moomba obviously doesn't know squat about Supra's. Two completely different animals. If the new ones are anything like the one I had they're a quality, well build vessel. Would have considered another Supra but they completely bailed on anything you could even half way consider a slalom boat after '05, went all wake boat (huge mistake IMO). All in all I loved the Legacy but the LXI is a WAY better ski boat and I couldn't be happier.

Ed

I thought you had a romantic night with your RLXI this summer and re-lit the flame, what happened? Is the wife winning the battle on wanting a v-drive?

you are right...i did re-light the flame. i love this boat...other people, no so much. the wife is winning, but i didnt have to be convinced too hard. it would be nice to be able to surf goofy-footed behind my own rig for once...opposed to surfing backwards behind my friend's boat...and then there is the interior space factor...and the fact that my positive equity in the Response is going to run out in a season or so. if i work it right, i could be "upgrading" for free. :thumbup: