Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 LSV Comparison '06/'07 vs. '08

Tacostik

So I have decided that the LSV is going to be my next boat. I have been looking at lots of 06 and 07's and a few 08's. I really like the look of the 08's much better (granted a new decal can be had for a few hundred bucks). I realize that most 08's will be priced around $10g more, but I would be willing to bite if there are a bunch of better features on the newer model boats. I also know that the first model year of any boat or car usually has some kinks. So my question is: Are there any specific issues with the 08's? Would anyone choose an 07 over an 08? Any problems I should be looking for while I'm shopping? I used the forum's search feature but didn't really find what I was looking for. Thanks.

So I have decided that the LSV is going to be my next boat. I have been looking at lots of 06 and 07's and a few 08's. I really like the look of the 08's much better (granted a new decal can be had for a few hundred bucks). I realize that most 08's will be priced around $10g more, but I would be willing to bite if there are a bunch of better features on the newer model boats. I also know that the first model year of any boat or car usually has some kinks. So my question is: Are there any specific issues with the 08's? Would anyone choose an 07 over an 08? Any problems I should be looking for while I'm shopping? I used the forum's search feature but didn't really find what I was looking for. Thanks.

I would never choose an 07 over an 08+ LSV. They both are great looking models but the hull is much improved on the 08+ LSV. The hull is 2" wider on the 08+ boats plus bigger inside. I personally can't stand the dash on the 08' but to each his own. There was a major campaign launched by Malibu to correct some issues on the 08' model year boats. Mostly electronic issues. Make sure the boat has been gone over by malibu and you should be good.

Just a couple things come to mind.

The '08's had the shifter problem, but if buying used more than likely it was replaced, the ability to upgrade to maliview are two issues w/ the '08's. The dash didn't get overwhelming remarks. The '08 has the same updated hull, the '06 & '07 has the older hull and imho required more weight up front than the '08 model does. Because of the dash I would go for the '07, just can't take it.

I bought an 07 just because of the dash and the windshield (I love the flowing lines). The 08 they went way the wrong way and thats why the 2009+ all went back to the pre 08 roots and got rid of that square what ever they called it dash. I also like the sun pad in the 07 with all of that space alot of scenery :biggrin: can fit across the back.

YMMV, but my thoughts on why I went with an 08 over an 07

- Better hull design

- one year newer, less hours, more time on warranty

- XS tower interior clearance is about 4" taller - I'm 6'1" and couldn't walk under the Illusion X without getting clobbered

- transom seat

- I preferred the new lines/look/graphics

For me, the first two were the primary reasons, but the rest helped seal the deal.

I'm not a huge fan of the stereo setup - one of these years I might yank the whole JBL BB and

put in an Automotive or Marine HU, but the mux switches are OK, though.