Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

340 in a 2011 lsv 23

skip

It'll manage just fine unless you plan to load it up well beyond stock. I'd recommend changing the prop out to a Acme 1235/OJ 468 as the stock prop is most likely a Acme 537 which will struggle fully loaded w/ people and ballast to get on plane. I know that an '06 LSV did just fine w/ a monsoon in it. Very reliable engine IIRC it's not rated @ 350HP. I wouldn't pass it up if it has everything you want and a good price.

It'll manage just fine unless you plan to load it up well beyond stock. I'd recommend changing the prop out to a Acme 1235/OJ 468 as the stock prop is most likely a Acme 537 which will struggle fully loaded w/ people and ballast to get on plane. I know that an '06 LSV did just fine w/ a monsoon in it. Very reliable engine IIRC it's not rated @ 350HP. I wouldn't pass it up if it has everything you want and a good price.

Thanks so much for you help. Do you think i should put a 2 outlet heater??

Thanks so much for you help. Do you think i should put a 2 outlet heater??

If you think you'll want a heater at all, go with the 3 outlet at least. If I had it to do over again, I'd have the factory add a second heater, but I didn't know that was possible at the time.

If you think you'll want a heater at all, go with the 3 outlet at least. If I had it to do over again, I'd have the factory add a second heater, but I didn't know that was possible at the time.

Never even thought about that!

Is there enough heat from the same outlet to run two heater cores? Or is it run off another source?

I have a 2 outlet heater in my boat and frequently wish it were 3...to directly answer the OP's question.

Looking at a new 2011 lsv 23' , is the 340 hp ok for this boat??

I have the monsoon in mine and we frequently ride with stock ballast full plus (2) 400# sacs in the rear lockers and bow sac. No problem getting up on plane. I did upgrade to a an Acme 1235 prop however.

Never even thought about that!

Is there enough heat from the same outlet to run two heater cores? Or is it run off another source?

I have a 2 outlet heater in my boat and frequently wish it were 3...to directly answer the OP's question.

Yes... I have the same boat/motor... added a 2 port heater in the back along with the 3 hole up front.. plenty of heat. You can convert the 3 hole to a 4 hole very easily (I have the part.. just never did the swap... found i didn't need a 4th outlet up front)

Looking at a new 2011 lsv 23' , is the 340 hp ok for this boat??

Absolutely, i would do it in a heartbeat. If you decide to load the boat heavy allot just run a lower pitched prop. That's what i would do if i was buying that boat. I'm not a big hammerhead / LS3 motor fan, i really feel the monsoon is Malibu's solid back bone motor and you can't go wrong.

-Paul

Absolutely, i would do it in a heartbeat. If you decide to load the boat heavy allot just run a lower pitched prop. That's what i would do if i was buying that boat. I'm not a big hammerhead / LS3 motor fan, i really feel the monsoon is Malibu's solid back bone motor and you can't go wrong.

-Paul

I believe the new ones are 350hp anyway. Paul would know better but I think it is a pretty safe bet that repair costs are cheaper with the monsoon than the other options.

I have the monsoon in mine and we frequently ride with stock ballast full plus (2) 400# sacs in the rear lockers and bow sac. No problem getting up on plane. I did upgrade to a an Acme 1235 prop however.

You will have auto-wedge on a 2011 which will also help getting out of the hole with a sacked out boat for surfing.

I went from a '03 23LSV with a 8.1L to a '10 23LSV with the Monsoon and the high altitude prop. Sorry guys, but I'm not a fan of this set-up. When I ordered the boat, the 6.0L was the only other option which didn't get the boat out of the hole any faster than the 350. So I was concerned about the hole shot when the boat was loaded up so based on feedback from the crew, I ordered the high altitude prop. If I boated on a small lake and solely boarded and skiied, then it would be a great set-up. However, I spend a lot of time driving from lake to lake (We are on a chain of lakes) and the boat pulls 4k RPM going barely over 30 MPH. My old 8.1L would pull the same RPM going high 40's. I hate it and I would not buy this set-up again. I'd switch out the prop, however it's just right now for the hole shot when loaded....so you're damned either way.

Edited by bennekm