Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Sammamish / Boat Launch Docks Getting Replaced

Bake's Marine

Finally the Lake Sammamish boat launch is getting some love!!!!!!! Drove by yesterday morning and they have 1/2 the launch fenced off and are in the process of getting ready to replace two of the docks. Bummer part is they didn't sound like they are replacing all the docks though, Lil john stopped by to talk to the contractor so he can fill us in more.

All I've got to say is at least they are doing something, this is long over due!!!! Woohoo!!

-Paul

Finally the Lake Sammamish boat launch is getting some love!!!!!!! Drove by yesterday morning and they have 1/2 the launch fenced off and are in the process of getting ready to replace two of the docks. Bummer part is they didn't sound like they are replacing all the docks though, Lil john stopped by to talk to the contractor so he can fill us in more.

All I've got to say is at least they are doing something, this is long over due!!!! Woohoo!!

-Paul

:yahoo:

Ya I stopped in and talked to the crew.. They all kinda laughed at what was happening.. so as it stands they are replacing 2 of the north docks with longer floating docks. The finished dock is still to be determined. they had a couple of versions for the floating sections. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Regardless some improvment is better than no improvment.

Ya I stopped in and talked to the crew.. They all kinda laughed at what was happening.. so as it stands they are replacing 2 of the north docks with longer floating docks. The finished dock is still to be determined. they had a couple of versions for the floating sections. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Regardless some improvment is better than no improvment.

No kidding!! Finally something...

-Paul

Can't wait to finally have some real docks.... although i am going to guess it will just invite people tp tie up while waiting for a car/trailer, etc. it was bad enough with the short little docks.

you guys are lucky - the folks in the south sound lakes don't enjoy the luxury of docks at the launch -

Believe me, having the docks only promotes rudeness among the inept boaters. Love it when people launch, tie up, park the car, make several trips between car and boat to load the boat with gear, then finally 20 mins later vacate said dock for the next person. All the while 100 other boats are waiting to launch.

Believe me, having the docks only promotes rudeness among the inept boaters. Love it when people launch, tie up, park the car, make several trips between car and boat to load the boat with gear, then finally 20 mins later vacate said dock for the next person. All the while 100 other boats are waiting to launch.

I just remembered why I bought into shared waterfront. Even dealing with an HOA occasionally is better than all that. As close as the north end of Sammamish is to the south end by the ramp.... it's a completely different group of people on the water.

Good to hear Sammamish is finally get some attention.

Jeremyk- point well taken - I'll also point out another observation - no dock also allows the inept to hog the launch and take thier obligatory 20 minutes -

Overall - that is good to see some investment at Sammamish - perhaps they can add some rails too...

Bill - not certain I've revealed this but we used to own a lake place up on deer lake in your neck ofthe woods - sold it when we hit the west side of the state - and you are correct - HOA is far better then the idiots

Bill - not certain I've revealed this but we used to own a lake place up on deer lake in your neck ofthe woods - sold it when we hit the west side of the state - and you are correct - HOA is far better then the idiots

Too funny. Small world. Deer is up & coming these days. Still some affordable places on the water there. And maybe they will finish the north/south freeway someday & really make property up north livable for commuters.

We moved east a bit over 5 yrs ago. I lived in the condos at the north end of Sammamish for 7 yrs. Graduated from Issy in 84. Been riding on that lake for over 20 yrs. One thing I really miss here is all the talent on the water there. Besides the hydrofoil crowd I hung out with, there was Page's Inland Surfer crowd, the 3060 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy house full of sponsored boarders, the slalom skiers in the course, Nyman's ski shack, the rafts partying all summer long, Tastin & Racin, etc. etc. :yahoo:

It's just not like that here at all.

Hey, floating docks though. Amazing concept. Glad to hear King county heard about'em.

If 100 boats are waiting to launch at Sam, I will be somewhere else. This will be great for all of the offseason boaters, no more submerged docks to deal with!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the current docks...seriously. They are there somewhere. I promise :whistle:

5268215810_f21f588363_z.jpg

5267607817_b810341b00_z.jpg

And here are the new ones

5268215964_4a5d8b0c44_z.jpg

5268216020_6d2ba73c6c_z.jpg

5267608003_9b85d7e0ae_z.jpg

And here is a buddy's dock and boat lift...or at least the roof of the lift...

5268215578_5cf7d3e45f_z.jpg

Here are the current docks...seriously. They are there somewhere. I promise :whistle:

[And here is a buddy's dock and boat lift...or at least the roof of the lift...

5268215578_5cf7d3e45f_z.jpg

Holey crap, I knew the lake was high from all the rain, but that is the highest I think I have seen it.

Holey crap, I knew the lake was high from all the rain, but that is the highest I think I have seen it.

It's not unusual at all. We have been out there riding a number of times over the years where I would put my drysuit on on the ramp, then wade out in knee deep water on the dock, launch the boat & hold it so it would not float up over the dock.

One year the cop came out & chased us down. Apparently our wakes were going into someones house over by Waverly Hills. The entire lake was a giant no wake zone from that day till the water dropped.

I think the way Sammamish is regulated is by using the locks in Ballard. They open the locks to drain water from Lake Union into the Sound, which causes Lake Washington to drop by draining thru the Montlake Cut, which causes Sammamish to drop by draining thru the Slough at the north end. Seems like kind of a stupid system.

Heres Ian's boat from a few days ago. He's at the north end of the lake. He doesn't own a trailer, so the boat has lived it's entire life on this boat lift (it's a 1995 MC Prostar 190). And it's a lift with extra long legs.

Iansboat.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

It's not unusual at all. We have been out there riding a number of times over the years where I would put my drysuit on on the ramp, then wade out in knee deep water on the dock, launch the boat & hold it so it would not float up over the dock.

One year the cop came out & chased us down. Apparently our wakes were going into someones house over by Waverly Hills. The entire lake was a giant no wake zone from that day till the water dropped.

I think the way Sammamish is regulated is by using the locks in Ballard. They open the locks to drain water from Lake Union into the Sound, which causes Lake Washington to drop by draining thru the Montlake Cut, which causes Sammamish to drop by draining thru the Slough at the north end. Seems like kind of a stupid system.

Heres Ian's boat from a few days ago. He's at the north end of the lake. He doesn't own a trailer, so the boat has lived it's entire life on this boat lift (it's a 1995 MC Prostar 190). And it's a lift with extra long legs.

Iansboat.jpg

I have been up to my shins, never my knees. That last picture that jeremyk posted llooks like the water is a few feet from the canopy edge of the lift.

I have been up to my shins, never my knees. That last picture that jeremyk posted llooks like the water is a few feet from the canopy edge of the lift.

Based on the delta between the dock and the canopy for the lift, that would put me at my chest. But the public docs are definitely at knee/ thigh depth.

Drove by the boat launch today and the concrete is all poured for ramp walk way extension and all the forms had been removed. The ramps are on site now and from the looks of it the new docks are going to be 80-100 feet long. I will bring my camera next time and snap some pictures.

-Paul