Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Malibu Christmas Stories Win RC Boat Under the Tree

amym

We started the tradition of sharing Malibu Boats (@MalibuBoats) Family Christmas Stories several years ago during the first Malibu Boat Rockin' Christmas Event and we want to keep it going for this years event with your stories. Submit your Malibu Christmas Story by December 15, 2010 and you may have a chance to put a Malibu boat under the tree. A remote control Malibu boat that is. We are giving away three remote control Malibu boats to the top three Malibu Christmas stories.

Do you have a family Christmas story that’s told over and over especially during the Holiday Season? I’m talking about the kind of story that new friends and family members are excited to hear and then retell as a statement of their place in the family’s inner circle. We have retold a few great stories like these over the years for some of our Malibu Family members. Remember the great Christmas story from Idaho Watersports customers the Taylor's. They surprised the kids with a Malibu boat on Christmas morning. Or how about Sabrina Dierksen, Wilson Watersports, customerwho surprised her husband with the Malibu boat of his dreams. Then there was the Isner Family from Seattle who surprised their dad on Christmas morning with a wakeboard boat that would help him really do a back roll. These are all great stories, but we know there are many more out there especially on the Malibu Crew.

We're hoping the incentive of adding a Malibu boat under the tree might encourage some of you to share your stories with us. A remote control Malibu boat, that is. Malibu Boats is prepared to send a new remote control Malibu boat to each of the three best Malibu Family Christmas story authors.

Post your stories on the Malibu Boats Facebook Fan Page, add them to this thread or email them to [email protected]. These stories can be about anything that is Malibu Boats and Christmas related. Have you every taken your Malibu out on Christmas? That could be a great story. Was your family surprised with a Malibu boat on Christmas? That could be another fun tale to tell. Or maybe you have a story about another way you enjoyed your Malibu boat during the Christmas season. Have you towed your boat in local Christmas parade? We would love to read any and all of these stories. There is no length requirement, make these stories as long or as short as you see fit. They will be judged on content not composition. The three best stories, as judged by a panel from the Malibu Boats Factory, will be rewarded with one remote control Malibu boat each. Eligible story entries must be received by December 15th, 2010.

We can't wait to read your stories!!! Merry Boat Rockin' Christmas!

Do you have a family Christmas story thats told over and over especially during the Holiday Season? Im talking about the kind of story that new friends and family members are excited to hear and then retell as a statement of their place in the familys inner circle. We have retold a few great stories like these over the years for some of our Malibu Family members. Remember the great Christmas story from Idaho Watersports customers the Taylor's. They surprised the kids with a Malibu boat on Christmas morning. Or how about Sabrina Dierksen, Wilson Watersports, customerwho surprised her husband with the Malibu boat of his dreams. Then there was the Isner Family from Seattle who surprised their dad on Christmas morning with a wakeboard boat that would help him really do a back roll. These are all great stories, but we know there are many more out there especially on the Malibu Crew.

"We have had such a wonderful experience with Bakes Marine in Issaquah. This is the second Malibu boat we have purchased from them and their customer service from sales to maintenance is fabulous." Those were the days! When you could buy a new Malibu from Bakes. Who'd a thunk then we are where we are now.

Edited by MalibuTime

Here's my Christmas story from year we bought our first Malibu.

We bought out first Malibu in late August of 2008. It was a beautiful 1988 Malibu Skier. It was a cherry of a boat and a true Malibu classic. It immediately became my baby. When I wasn't on the water in our boat, I was spending my free time working on modifications and taking care of the boat. That fall I decided the best place to store it was 500 feet underground in a local limestone mine that is used to store antique cars, boats, and RV's in the winter months. It stays 55 degrees underground all year long and would be safe from the Western PA salt and snow.

We pushed the season as long as we could that fall without wetsuits (they soon became first year boat owner Christmas presents. LOL.gif). We threw in the towel when the water hit the 40's and I winterized the boat. My crew spent a good weekend with me waxing and detailing the boat before I towed it to the mine to tuck it in for the winter. I spent another hour underground making sure I had enough dry rid in there for the winter and even loaded up the boat with charcoal to absorb any odors that might occur over the winter. My wife thought I was nuts and would remind me it was only going to be down there for "four months". She just doesn't get it. LOL.gif

I left the boat with the sad feeling that all Malibu owners share when we tuck our boats in for the season. I went back to work anxiously awaiting spring with my Malibu desktop reminding me of the coming summer months.

Well December came and as Christmas approached my wife and I took vacation from work. We enjoyed time off and I spent a lot of it here on TheMalibuCrew trying to push through the winter with the "support group" here on the board. It's no doubt the first winter as a Malibu owner is the worst and the longest! Cry.gif

Well the day before Christmas Eve my wife said, "do you want to go see the boat?". "Heck yeah I said!!!" as I ran out to the garage and gathered up some Babes and a bottle of 303 and some Dry Rid refills. She knew I was missing the boat and said it was a good Christmas gift for me to just see the boat. LOL.gif

We loaded up in the car and drove the hour to the mine. The guy at the mine guided us back the mile into the side of the mountain where the boat was tucked away in the dark. I work for a mining company so I told the guy he was fine to leave us there as I knew how to find my way out of the mine. I pulled the cover off and we sat in the boat in the light of the headlights. LOL.gif It was priceless. Sitting in our Malibu ski boat 500 feet below the earth's surface two days before Christmas. LOL.gif

I then spent a half hour detailing the boat with Babes and then put a good coat of 303 on the vinyl. I dumped the water out of my Dry Rid containers and refilled them. My wife helped me to put the cover back on the boat and we headed home.

I was so happy she decided to suggest a boat visit just before Christmas. What a cool idea and it certainly helped me to get though my first Malibu winter! Yahoo.gif That's my all time favorite Christmas gift and it makes an awesome story that is told over and over! Thumbup.gif