Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zero off speed control

bu2007vlx

Crew, anybody install zero off speed control on your BU? Just trying to get feedback on the product and how easy or difficult it is to install. Happy Holidays to the Crew!!!! :werule::cheers:

It's a straight-forward installation on your 07 VLX. You'll need to swap out the engine ECM, install a jumper in the connector to disable Precision Pro, and install the gauge. Then depending on slalom/wakeboard you'll install one or two GPS antenna's and plug them in.

Peter

Not trying to hijack your thread, but does anyone have experience on a 2011 with the Maliview integrated Zero Off. On my current '09 I upgraded the paddle wheel with the Nautilogic GPS and it does a much much better job than stock. Just curious how well the ZO performs since it replaces the Precision Pro completely. Any idea of the cost of this option?

10.jpg

It's a straight-forward installation on your 07 VLX. You'll need to swap out the engine ECM, install a jumper in the connector to disable Precision Pro, and install the gauge. Then depending on slalom/wakeboard you'll install one or two GPS antenna's and plug them in.

Peter

Peter, thanks for the info. Happy Holidays- Steve

Not trying to hijack your thread, but does anyone have experience on a 2011 with the Maliview integrated Zero Off. On my current '09 I upgraded the paddle wheel with the Nautilogic GPS and it does a much much better job than stock. Just curious how well the ZO performs since it replaces the Precision Pro completely. Any idea of the cost of this option?

10.jpg

How do you like the Nautilogic GPS upgrade? It sounds like a simple plug and play install that works with the existing BU system. Is it worth it?

How do you like the Nautilogic GPS upgrade? It sounds like a simple plug and play install that works with the existing BU system. Is it worth it?

It is worth it and an easy upgrade....here's the thread that got me interested by Water Junky.

Edited by thtrog

I have Zero Off integrated on my 2010, and it's awesome. It's absolutely rock solid. Maybe fluctuates .1 MPH either side of the setpoint???

I had Precision Pro when I first picked up the boat. I knew after the first time out we would need to get Zero Off. The factory system was fluctuating as much as 1.8 MPH to either side of the setpoint. I was not happy. After they installed Zero Off, it was worlds better!

I have Zero Off integrated on my 2010, and it's awesome. It's absolutely rock solid. Maybe fluctuates .1 MPH either side of the setpoint???

I had Precision Pro when I first picked up the boat. I knew after the first time out we would need to get Zero Off. The factory system was fluctuating as much as 1.8 MPH to either side of the setpoint. I was not happy. After they installed Zero Off, it was worlds better!

I just now saw your response and I ordered my new boat without the ZO. It's good to hear it works so well, but I'm hoping the Precision Pro issue has been resolved by now. It's not always been this way....

I just now saw your response and I ordered my new boat without the ZO. It's good to hear it works so well, but I'm hoping the Precision Pro issue has been resolved by now. It's not always been this way....

I would highly doubt they've fixed it. It's been a problem for years, and they don't want to go after a real fix. The issue is their software, and lack of adjustments. I had Perfect Pass in my previous boat, and was able to adjust 2 different parameters, and dial it in to be nearly as good as Zero Off has been. Malibu's Precision Pro doesn't have any adjustments, it's a "one size fits all" solution you could say. Well, with different boats, with different loads, different props, it just doesn't work for every boat. When I was having the problems, Malibu blamed the paddle wheel (the IDENTICAL paddle wheel that Perfect Pass uses ) and replaced that. It made no difference. The problem isn't the paddle wheel...

I'm pretty picky about my speed, and having a smooth pull, and Zero Off was the answer. I got sick of being jerked mid-flip when the boat decided to speed up.... If you're picky about the pull, you may want to see if you can change the order. If not, the dealer is able to add it afterwards....

I know exactly what you are talking about with the Perfect Pass....I forget the exact menu name, but you could change the sensitivity and how it averaged the readings before making an adjustment. I do know the Precision Pro has worked in the past...prior to 2009??? Do you know if the Zero Off is a plug and play if done at the dealer? Cost?

I know exactly what you are talking about with the Perfect Pass....I forget the exact menu name, but you could change the sensitivity and how it averaged the readings before making an adjustment. I do know the Precision Pro has worked in the past...prior to 2009??? Do you know if the Zero Off is a plug and play if done at the dealer? Cost?

I'm not totally sure of the cost, but I think it was a $1200 or $1500 option??

Yes, from my understanding it's mostly plug and play. They just have to mount the reciever in front of the windshield and run the cord down to the computer.

I did the upgrade myself. No big deal. Maybe an hour to install. Make sure you understand the instructions. The instructions are found on the web site. This was a plug and play upgrade for my 04 VLX. You can install the antenna under the dash, I checked with a Kongsberg rep before doing it. The GPS signal will see through fiberglass like a RF signal in radar. I was also worried about not having a MRU (Motion Reference Unit) for surge, sway and heave. I am a Dynamic Position Operator on a self propelled drillship. So I was over thinking the performance of the GPS. It works well in zero current environments. It will not work well in areas with current. Seems to hold speed well through the Kalman filters. Overall not a bad upgrade for the money. The GPS seems to work well for what we do. I think I have about $600. in it.

Edited by waterborne