Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which tow vehicle?

cjohnson8080

The video showing the Tundra frame flexing doesn't mean anything for the ruggedness or strength of the truck. All it says is that the F-150 has a stiffer frame that will translate into a stiffer ride. The Tundra frame was designed with some flex in it to give a better ride. It is still plenty strong enough to carry loads and tow with. I love the comparisons people try to make. They will do anything to "try" and make the Ford look better than the toyota. But the reality is that the F-150 and Tundra are very good competitors with each other. I own a 2010 Tundra CrewMax and love it. A friend of mine has a 2010 F-150 SuperCrew and he loves it. They are both great trucks and have their differences, but the ridiculous frame comparisons are just grasping at straws trying to show who's p**** is bigger than the other.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cjohnson8080

• Sixball

• footnlongline

• Bozboat

The video showing the Tundra frame flexing doesn't mean anything for the ruggedness or strength of the truck. All it says is that the F-150 has a stiffer frame that will translate into a stiffer ride. The Tundra frame was designed with some flex in it to give a better ride. It is still plenty strong enough to carry loads and tow with. I love the comparisons people try to make. They will do anything to "try" and make the Ford look better than the toyota. But the reality is that the F-150 and Tundra are very good competitors with each other. I own a 2010 Tundra CrewMax and love it. A friend of mine has a 2010 F-150 SuperCrew and he loves it. They are both great trucks and have their differences, but the ridiculous frame comparisons are just grasping at straws trying to show who's p**** is bigger than the other.

Not at all true....the suspension of the vehicle should dictate the ride quality of the vehicle. Frames are never engineered for ride quality and manufactures almost always strive for a stiffer chassis for this reason.

That said these truck arguements about trucks are really pointless.....I believe there is no such thing as the best truck. Every consumer has different needs and will most of the time will buy the truck that meets those needs. For some its a toyota, for others its a Ford, nissan or even an isuzu pup. :lol:

Edited by Ruffdog

Ruff's right. The suspension should soak up the bumps, not the frame. Do you know what happens to metal when it is constantly flexed back and fourth? It cracks and breaks. Take a thin piece of steel and bend it back and fourth in your hand a few 100 times and see what happens if you doubt me. Frame flex also can lead to damaged body panels in severe cases .

Edited by Bawshogg
martinarcher

Ruff's right. The suspension should soak up the bumps, not the frame. Do you know what happens to metal when it is constantly flexed back and fourth? It cracks and breaks. Take a thin piece of steel and bend it back and fourth in your hand a few 100 times and see what happens if you doubt me. Frame flex also can lead to damaged body panels in severe cases .

Plus1.gif I'm not sure how someone can argue the Toyota's frame flex is a good thing. I'll take the truck with the solid frame. Biggrin.gif Suspension is a system on the truck and the frame is not part of that system. Doh.gif

I only wish the general public could see the engineering that is done to get a vehicle to the market.

You may have a slight Idea but after putting 30 years in the research and development of the auto industry I will tell you if you go to a part you are not involved in your jaw will drop. You just cant believe what is done.