Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 wakesetter 23 lsv $36k ???

gate9869

I would be real careful buying a used boat especially at below market value. There's been major floods in Tennessee and Texas and a ton of cars/boats etc have been underwater for over 4 days.

I wasnt thinking about buying that iI just saw it and thought it was awful low price so was wondering if anyone knew anything about it ! didnt know it was sold hopefully its just a good deal !

high hours and no trailer, plus end of the year blowout price, not crazy.

Pkember1 Graciously had a look at it for me in person after I posted this thread(Thanks again Paul!!)

Paul said it appeared to be in good shape with a little noticable wear on the back walk over. I spoke with singleton numerous times over a period of several weeks and they kept discribing it to me as mint condition and this didn't sit well with me for a 2.5year old boat with nearly 600hrs on it. They originally listed it on craigslist the last few days of Oct. I spoke with them on over a dozen seperate occasions and they sent me heaps of pic's which looked good but the fact that they were having a hard time unloading it caused me some anxiety and I wanted an 08 with less hours. I will never know but I very well could have missed a great deal or I may have avoided the hard lesson of "when it seems to good to be true it probably is". I have a line on another 08 that will be available in Jan with very very low hours or I'm not sure if Stewart's 247 is still availiable but I do like that boat of his as well, it would be an option come Jan. as well if it's still up for grabs.

-Cam

Pkember1 Graciously had a look at it for me in person after I posted this thread(Thanks again Paul!!)

Paul said it appeared to be in good shape with a little noticable wear on the back walk over. I spoke with singleton numerous times over a period of several weeks and they kept discribing it to me as mint condition and this didn't sit well with me for a 2.5year old boat with nearly 600hrs on it. They originally listed it on craigslist the last few days of Oct. I spoke with them on over a dozen seperate occasions and they sent me heaps of pic's which looked good but the fact that they were having a hard time unloading it caused me some anxiety and I wanted an 08 with less hours. I will never know but I very well could have missed a great deal or I may have avoided the hard lesson of "when it seems to good to be true it probably is". I have a line on another 08 that will be available in Jan with very very low hours or I'm not sure if Stewart's 247 is still availiable but I do like that boat of his as well, it would be an option come Jan. as well if it's still up for grabs.

-Cam

I test drove Stewart's boat. It's in mint condition.

Singleton marine in buford is the old Atlanta Inboard. They are a Malibu dealer, however since the aquisition they have more pontoons and runabouts and not as many inboards. With that said, they are a Malibu dealer and you can trust their adds. Like others have said 36 with no trailer and 800 hours and then sales tax is not a blowout deal, it is a fair deal for a slow time of year. I looked with them last year when I bought my Bu and they had fair prices. It is just tough for them to compete with no sales tax individuals. But they took me out on a boat and they would fix any issue you had during test drive. Most of their used boats are trade ins. What really hurt the dealership here in Atlanta was you had a bunch of Bu owners that traded back in every couple of years and had the boats financed forever. The recession killed that and they cant really take trades so if they have a used boat it is usually a consignment for trade. I didnt buy my boat there but had it serviced there some and they are on the up and up. If you ever need someone to look at a boat there for you it is five miles from my office, just pm me