Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

custom canvas work

VLXRonnie

can anyone recommend and good custom canvas shop in San Francisco East bay (Vallejo, Fairfield, Vacaville area)? I am looking at having my Evolution cover repaired and modified. I have a small hole that I want to have repaired. Also want to add an Gas fill spot and tower cover.

Thanks

Ronnie

Ndawg- when having a hole cut out for fuel, cleats or tower it's best to have it done while the cover is on the boat so the holes match up perfectly.

D-Goose> That's what I was thinking. Plus the hole is very minor in nature and with the additonal work I want done, may as well have it done locally. Expecially with all the rain we have been having her over the past month. this is what I intend to do.

BTW thanks crew for the use of your pictures :biggrin:

Step cover

transomcover.jpg

tower cover

towercover2.jpg

Ndawg- when having a hole cut out for fuel, cleats or tower it's best to have it done while the cover is on the boat so the holes match up perfectly.

ah, I didn't see the tower cover part :Doh: but a gas flap and the repair would be no big deal.

can anyone recommend and good custom canvas shop in San Francisco East bay (Vallejo, Fairfield, Vacaville area)? I am looking at having my Evolution cover repaired and modified. I have a small hole that I want to have repaired. Also want to add an Gas fill spot and tower cover.

Thanks

Ronnie

Ronnie, Tower Bimini in Morgan Hill does amazing work ask for John. Worth the drive

I have heard good feedback on West Coast Canvas that works out of Tower Park. I would guess any canvas shop should do a good job on the modifications you are considering as they are not that complicated. I would just find a shop that is easy for you to get the boat to. I used a canvas shop based out of River Boat Marina for a large job on another boat. I don't recall the name and my feedback would be neutral on them. They did a good job but took forever. They are the only canvas shop working out of River Boat. If you arenot in a hurry they would be good.

Kris

I would recommend sending the cover back to Cory at Evolution Covers. Cory can tell you how to mark the cover, prior to shipping, in order for him to make the necessary modifications.

I have heard good feedback on West Coast Canvas that works out of Tower Park. I would guess any canvas shop should do a good job on the modifications you are considering as they are not that complicated. I would just find a shop that is easy for you to get the boat to. I used a canvas shop based out of River Boat Marina for a large job on another boat. I don't recall the name and my feedback would be neutral on them. They did a good job but took forever. They are the only canvas shop working out of River Boat. If you arenot in a hurry they would be good.

Kris

@Tower Park ask for Kurt....he does a good job as well

thanks for all the response CREW!. thanks to you guys, I have a lot choose from. I didn't want to just open the phone book and randomly choose someone. I guess I'll start closest to me, then spread out. LESS gas spent=more toy money besides if I learned anything from fellow BU owners we are meticulous with out passion.