Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Craigslist Scam

Steve B.

I would have to imagine that people are catching on to this sort of thing now. I wonder how many people respond to these ads. I have to believe the only people that do are the ones that have ABSOLUTELY no feel for how much these boats cost. If it's too good to be true...it usually is :crazy:

I would have to imagine that people are catching on to this sort of thing now. I wonder how many people respond to these ads. I have to believe the only people that do are the ones that have ABSOLUTELY no feel for how much these boats cost. If it's too good to be true...it usually is :crazy:

All it takes is one idiot to justify the effort. If they are still posting I would imagine someone is still dumb enough to send a blank check to a total stranger.

:stupid:

I saw this exact ad on the San Angelo,TX craigslist several months ago. Just for fun sent them an email and got some bogus reply and said we couldn't talk over phone even when I said I had cash. It mysteriously disappeared a day or two later. Then I saw it in another state's craiglist for same price but different seller. Emailed and got same bogus reply then told them to try the scam elsewhere so I guess they went to another state...Hopefully nobody will really fall for it. They told me they wouldn't meet in person just to send money via PayPal and they would ship the boat, RIGHT!