Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Table

DUKENO1

Anyone fab'ed up a table for their 21ft boat? I have a vRide and would love to have a table. Unfortunately, my boat didn't come with a table or the mounting socket in the floor.

I am just wondering if anyone has ever retrofitted one to their boat?

If you get the floor mounting socket and post from Malibu, it would be a simple job to make a table and put it all together. Finding the stainless hardware from another source might be a chore. For what it's worth, I have owned Malibu boats with tables since 2005 and used the table once. I suspect you use your boat differently or you wouldn't be asking.

If you get the floor mounting socket and post from Malibu, it would be a simple job to make a table and put it all together. Finding the stainless hardware from another source might be a chore. For what it's worth, I have owned Malibu boats with tables since 2005 and used the table once. I suspect you use your boat differently or you wouldn't be asking.

Yeah, when we go out it's usually an all day affair, and sitting around with plates in your lap is a bit of a pain. I might not use it as much as I think I would, but it would be cool to have the option.

Yeah, when we go out it's usually an all day affair, and sitting around with plates in your lap is a bit of a pain. I might not use it as much as I think I would, but it would be cool to have the option.

you let people eat in the bu?

I've thought about doing this too, but have yet to pull up the floor board and look at the fuel tank. The dealer seemed to think the fuel tank in the vrides didn't have the recessed section in the middle to make room for a flush mounted table post in the floor.

Before getting hardware, might want to check there is room to install the flush mount table holder in the floor.

I don't understand why people need snacks for a 1-2 hour outing. I have never had the desire to eat while on my boat, normally too busy driving or boarding.

My main rule is no orange colored snacks! Only bottled soda, I have had cans on soda blow out of the cup holders and on to the floor.

I don't understand why people need snacks for a 1-2 hour outing. I have never had the desire to eat while on my boat, normally too busy driving or boarding.

My main rule is no orange colored snacks! Only bottled soda, I have had cans on soda blow out of the cup holders and on to the floor.

I can honestly say, other than the one time we got rained out by an unexpected storm, I have never been on my boat for a 1-2 hour outing. I am at best, 45 minutes from the closest lake, and

at worst 1:30 hours to one of the others we frequent. When I go it is pretty much an all day affair, food being a necessity. That being said, my boat looks like new inside because anyone

that spills anything knows they will be walking the plank!

I've thought about doing this too, but have yet to pull up the floor board and look at the fuel tank. The dealer seemed to think the fuel tank in the vrides didn't have the recessed section in the middle to make room for a flush mounted table post in the floor.

Before getting hardware, might want to check there is room to install the flush mount table holder in the floor.

Thanks for that info. I am just in the research phase so I will check under the floor before buying anything.

I can honestly say, other than the one time we got rained out by an unexpected storm, I have never been on my boat for a 1-2 hour outing. I am at best, 45 minutes from the closest lake, and

at worst 1:30 hours to one of the others we frequent. When I go it is pretty much an all day affair, food being a necessity. That being said, my boat looks like new inside because anyone

that spills anything knows they will be walking the plank!

45 minutes to a lake in charlotte??? are you towing your boat with a horse? did you mean to write 4-5 minutes. i'm assuming you live on the east side of town and driving throught downdown on you way :)

45 minutes to a lake in charlotte??? are you towing your boat with a horse? did you mean to write 4-5 minutes. i'm assuming you live on the east side of town and driving throught downdown on you way :)

I live in Charlotte but my boat lives at my parents place in Monroe. I do not currently have a garage but that situation will be remedied in a couple of years when we build on our property near

lake norman. For now, its a 40 min tow to lake wylie or wateree, one hour to mountain island, 20 min more to norman, and one hour and 15 to tillery. Nothing is super convenient so we stay for a while when we go.

I live in Charlotte but my boat lives at my parents place in Monroe. I do not currently have a garage but that situation will be remedied in a couple of years when we build on our property near

lake norman. For now, its a 40 min tow to lake wylie or wateree, one hour to mountain island, 20 min more to norman, and one hour and 15 to tillery. Nothing is super convenient so we stay for a while when we go.

My family has a place on Wateree on the Camden side near lakeside marina. What part of Wateree do you ride on?

Funny... My dad lives in Matthews right near Monroe.

Woody's links probably have better prices but, West Marine sells all the table hardware you'd need.

Also, this vid. shows how to get that panel up and what you need under there to do the mount.

Thanks for the vid Pete. That was very helpful. Does the bottom part of the table base go into the hole on the gas tank?

My family has a place on Wateree on the Camden side near lakeside marina. What part of Wateree do you ride on?

Funny... My dad lives in Matthews right near Monroe.

That is funny. I actually live in Matthews myself...I just put Charlotte as my home because more people have heard of it.

My parents live out in the boonies kind of between Monroe and Waxhaw. I have only had my boat on Wateree a few times.

I have not found too many good ramps there...we always put in at Liberty Hill I think it's called but the ramp there has no docks so

it makes it kind of a pain to put in and out, pick people up etc. That is the lake I am least familiar with...always seems to be windy and rough

the few times I have been. I am sure there are some good spots to ride though.

I ride the majority of the time at Tillery and the rest at Mountain Island. I have a friend with a place on Tillery. I prefer the north end of Mtn

Island if I had to pick. Can almost always find decent water up the river, even on weekends.

Thanks for the vid Pete. That was very helpful. Does the bottom part of the table base go into the hole on the gas tank?

You're welcome.

Actually, if you look at the vid. at 1:48 you'll see a black piece of cloth (that I put on top of the tank) and you'll notice the round witness mark on it. That is where the bottom of the table base hits. So, I guess you just need to make sure you have roughly the same clearance on my boat as your's to do the base. I guess you could put the base just about anywhere in that panel.

Edited by Pistol Pete

That is funny. I actually live in Matthews myself...I just put Charlotte as my home because more people have heard of it.

My parents live out in the boonies kind of between Monroe and Waxhaw. I have only had my boat on Wateree a few times.

I have not found too many good ramps there...we always put in at Liberty Hill I think it's called but the ramp there has no docks so

it makes it kind of a pain to put in and out, pick people up etc. That is the lake I am least familiar with...always seems to be windy and rough

the few times I have been. I am sure there are some good spots to ride though.

I ride the majority of the time at Tillery and the rest at Mountain Island. I have a friend with a place on Tillery. I prefer the north end of Mtn

Island if I had to pick. Can almost always find decent water up the river, even on weekends.

I'm very familiar with Liberty Hill, spent many years deer hunting there as a kid.

The lake is wide open and windy. The best water was always in early AM or late evening along the western shoreline behind a long set of islands. Drive about 5-7 miles futher south on hwy 97 and put in at Beaver Creek.

This thread has me thinking also....not that we would use it all that often, but more like it would be a fun project that would get used a few times a year.

Yeah, we might not use it all the time either but I am sure it would come in handy when we have more folks out on the boat. My typical crew is me and another guy but

there are several times a season when we have 5 or 6 and it would be a nice option. I was just trying to get a feel for how difficult a project it would be or if it was

even possible. Looks like it would be pretty easy! Thanks for everyone's help.

Woody, thanks for the tip on Beaver Creek. Next time we go there I will try it out.